Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Indy Gencon meetup?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2014 :  00:02:23  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey All,

I just picked up my 4-day badge for this year's Gencon. I thought it might be fun to arrange a lunch or dinner event for Candlekeep regulars to meet & greet.

For many of us, this event is the one time/year to meet face-to-face, swap ideas, etc.

What are your thoughts on this?

Warm Regards,
SteelGandalf

"Say nice doggie, but keep looking for a rock..."
~Chiun

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2014 :  00:21:34  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think this is an excellent idea. Stay tuned for the official Candlekeep Presents event info once we're able to announce it.
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2014 :  00:25:15  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent, I'm happy to help in organizing/coordinating. Let me know how I can be of assistance, sounds like I'll be in Indianapolis early.

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2014 :  03:54:13  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes. I'd love to meet 'Keep scribes from near and far.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2014 :  19:06:42  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be there, but how did you get your pass already. I thought they were not sending them out until June. I hope my mailman didn't screw up again.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2014 :  19:09:42  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he meant he purchased it.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2014 :  19:10:43  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's correct - They're actually waiting on will call. On another note, where will official Candlekeep Presents event info be posted?

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2014 :  19:16:38  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One day I would love to earn enough and have enough holidays to actually attend one of these. Not this decade though

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2014 :  20:36:38  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteelGandalf
On another note, where will official Candlekeep Presents event info be posted?
Once we receive confirmation that the event has been approved by Gen Con, and iron out some details, we'll announce it here in the forums, and post it elsewhere, as well.

The officially official listing will be available from Gen Con when they release the event data to the public, which usually happens about two weeks before event registration opens up (so, early May).
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  01:07:07  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet, I appreciate you dropping a line on this thread when we are a "go".

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

mikie
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  14:14:46  Show Profile Send mikie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Think this would be a great idea! I experienced my FIRST GEN-CON last year. IT WAS A GREAT TIME!! How about meeting the day before the CON starts at the "official keg tapping" on Wednesday?
Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  15:44:34  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This will be my first year attending and I would love to do a meet/greet thing with other Scribes. :D
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2014 :  17:59:36  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Meeting @ the "Official Keg Tapping" on Wednesday isn't a bad idea - That wouldn't cut into our volunteer hours

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

mikie
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2014 :  19:22:51  Show Profile Send mikie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great! Keep me/us in the loop. (I just hope that the flavor this year is better than last years.)
Go to Top of Page

Kris the Grey
Senior Scribe

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2014 :  21:52:40  Show Profile Send Kris the Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, so I understand, this suggestion is for a meetup IN ADDITION to the Candlekeep get together?

If so, I might recommend you try it either Thursday (since many folks aren't in by Wednesday afternoon) or Sunday (after the close of the con) in order to either:

1) get people together early enough in the week that they can 'be event pals' for the convention duration instead of just meeting for the first time mid con

or

2) let people enjoy their pre planned con schedules and then meet and blow off steam in the after glow of the con without having to fit the event into their gaming/event plans

I'm much more in favor of the former than the latter, but wanted to suggest both options to cover the bases for all.

Kris the Grey - Member in Good Standing of the Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors, the Arcane Guild of Silverymoon, and the Connecticut Bar Association
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2014 :  18:11:12  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a bump

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2014 :  22:40:49  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wednesday evening would work great. Make sure you guys all come to the Vorpal Games conference on Red Aegis (Chronological world creation... gee... I wonder where we were influenced!)

;)

Edited by - Matt James on 28 May 2014 22:41:05
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2014 :  04:47:17  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok everyone, how about we meet at the Ball and Biscuit restaurant for dinner, Thursday evening. Folks can team up for the con if they'd like, or review schedules. We can pass this along to the sages, in case they want to connect with their fans. Promise them a free meal ;)

The Ball and Biscuit is less than 1 mile from the convention center, and has great reviews. I've included the info below, and will post my cell number up here closer to the con for coordination purposes. Sound good?

The Ball and Biscuit
331 Massachusetts Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Get Directions
Phone number (317) 636-0539
Business websiteballandbiscuit.com

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2014 :  06:01:15  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd be more than happy to go along to a C-Keep get together like this. The venue looks great and I'd love to meet some fellow scribes before the more formal seminars later in the week. I apologise in advance for my incomprehensible accent.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2014 :  06:11:51  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright, sir. Let's get the word out, and plan on meeting at 7:30pm!

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2014 :  14:39:44  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn. I'm not going to make that since I intend on trying to earn my Clan Bloodname at the time. Have fun though!

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2014 :  14:42:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Damn. I'm not going to make that since I intend on trying to earn my Clan Bloodname at the time. Have fun though!

What Clan, and what Bloodname?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2014 :  15:36:56  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Clan Coyote, Steele. At least I hope so... It's the Grand Melee.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2014 :  17:59:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Clan Coyote, Steele. At least I hope so... It's the Grand Melee.

Ah, my favorite Clan!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2014 :  06:41:13  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be there, Airlines and Taxi-cabs willing!

I'll see if I can drag Markustay along too.

Do they have beer?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2014 :  14:59:03  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes sir, they do!

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

Cbad285
Learned Scribe

160 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2014 :  11:46:24  Show Profile Send Cbad285 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
im thinking of going this year. I got an invite on FB and convinced a few friends to throw down on gas. any pointers for a first timer?

"Beware the Dream Fever!"
Go to Top of Page

spirit_guardian93
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2014 :  21:45:37  Show Profile Send spirit_guardian93 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I, the drow priestess hanging around the statue of lolth shall be in attendance.

Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2014 :  23:54:53  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, Candlekeepgoers. Just a reminder, as Gencon nears, that we're planning on a dinner at the Ball and Biscuit restaurant, Thursday evening. Folks can team up for the con if they'd like, or review schedules. We can pass this along to the sages, in case they want to connect with their fans. Promise them a free meal ;)

The Ball and Biscuit is less than 1 mile from the convention center, and has great reviews. I've included the info below, my cell # is (949) 690-2910, for coordination purposes. Sound good?

The Ball and Biscuit
331 Massachusetts Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Get Directions
Restaurant Phone number: (317) 636-0539
Business website www.ballandbiscuit.com

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2014 :  00:03:18  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PS, I've dropped invitations to a number of Realms' authors to join us as we treat them to the dinner. I'm happy to cover it, and hope for replies shortly!

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2014 :  17:35:00  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a "Storytelling in the Realms" seminar Thursday evening from 5pm to 7pm that many here may be attending. I'd suggest scheduling the dinner for just afterwards, say 7:30pm.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000