Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Final pre-release excerpt from THE GODBORN
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  13:08:31  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've posted the sixth and final pre-release excerpt from THE GODBORN. If you read, I hope you enjoy.

http://paulskemp.com/blog/final-pre-release-excerpt-from-the-godborn-riven/

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  13:45:53  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PaulSKemp

I've posted the sixth and final pre-release excerpt from THE GODBORN. If you read, I hope you enjoy.

http://paulskemp.com/blog/final-pre-release-excerpt-from-the-godborn-riven/

Damn good stuff....I didnt intend to read it since the book is so close....but was hoping when I saw it was Riven, that his dogs would make an appearance

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  14:58:24  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I knew that Mask would be back someday. Thanks for the excerpt!
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  15:36:03  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if the fate of Faerun depends on one of Mask's (in)famous plots then we can save ourselves the troubles of the Sundering, as Toril is certainly doomed :)
Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2013 :  20:00:17  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In all actuality, I was looking forward to this book MOST from the Sundering line up!
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2013 :  00:27:56  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazing amazing amazing!!!

I have been waiting sooooo long for this book.
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2013 :  03:10:04  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A-W-E-S-O-M-E! I cannot wait to read this!

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2013 :  03:24:22  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent. Riven is one of my favorite characters and I look forward to reading this novel. I liked the dogs part as well.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2013 :  11:21:12  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Renin

In all actuality, I was looking forward to this book MOST from the Sundering line up!
Indeed! Though I only intend to read three, the others being Richard’s and Troy’s.

Paul, thanks for the excerpt. I was hoping to see Riven’s dogs again.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

ksu_bond
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
214 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2013 :  05:28:17  Show Profile Send ksu_bond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And in case you weren't already looking forward to it's October release, WotC just posted a sample chapter from Kemp's latest Forgotten Realms novel, The Godborn. http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ex/20130911
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2013 :  13:53:13  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ksu_bond

And in case you weren't already looking forward to it's October release, WotC just posted a sample chapter from Kemp's latest Forgotten Realms novel, The Godborn. http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ex/20130911

Beat me to it. Thanks, ksu_bond.
Go to Top of Page

ksu_bond
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
214 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2013 :  23:16:10  Show Profile Send ksu_bond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[/quote]

Beat me to it. Thanks, ksu_bond.
[/quote]

Not a problem...as I am one of those who is looking forward to its release
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  04:19:26  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm so excited for this book to come out! And I'm a dog lover, like Riven.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  06:19:47  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh, this looks like it's gonna be so awesome! (Now I've got to go out and buy the other books in the series. But that's what I'd consider money well spent!)

Edited by - Drustan Dwnhaedan on 12 Sep 2013 06:20:35
Go to Top of Page

Captain black
Acolyte

13 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  11:58:26  Show Profile  Visit Captain black's Homepage Send Captain black a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember reading the Prologue a couple years ago (I do not really remember how long ago, the agony from the wait has screwed with my mind). There was also another Excerpt around the same time, it was about 2 spell scarred men/creatures. Any one else out there remember that? And Paul if you are out there, is that excerpt still part of the final book?
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  12:02:44  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love the book Paul!!!
In an OMG OMG OMG way towards the last 2/3rds of the books
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  13:38:46  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

Love the book Paul!!!

Are you reading an ARC, Firestorm?
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  13:39:36  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain black

I remember reading the Prologue a couple years ago (I do not really remember how long ago, the agony from the wait has screwed with my mind). There was also another Excerpt around the same time, it was about 2 spell scarred men/creatures. Any one else out there remember that? And Paul if you are out there, is that excerpt still part of the final book?

Captain,

Yes, Sayeed and Zeeahd are in the book and play significant roles.
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  20:55:37  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Love the book Paul!!!

Yessir lol. But I still want the hardcover. I dislike reading via Kindle
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  21:03:52  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Love the book Paul!!!

I'm not an ebook reader, either. At least not yet. :-)

Anyway, hope you enjoy the book.
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2013 :  21:17:35  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Love the book Paul!!!

Heh, it's good to know I'm not the only who likes a good, honest-to-god real, physical book (my eyes can't take looking at a computer screen for hours on end).
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2013 :  01:25:48  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Love the book Paul!!!

I definitely did. And as I promised, no spoilers till release date :p
I posted a no-spoiler review on goodreads, but the true fun of reviews will be here once everyone has read it :)

Go to Top of Page

charger_ss24
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2013 :  05:47:27  Show Profile Send charger_ss24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul, just finished reading Shadowbred and Shadowstorm, and these are the first characters other than those in the Elminster and Drizzt series I have read about in a long, long time and I've really enjoyed them. I haven't found Shadowrealm, but I've found the Erevis Cale trilogy and gonna start on that before reading The Godborn. Really, really looking forward to it!
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2013 :  13:34:54  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by charger_ss24

Hi Paul, just finished reading Shadowbred and Shadowstorm, and these are the first characters other than those in the Elminster and Drizzt series I have read about in a long, long time and I've really enjoyed them. I haven't found Shadowrealm, but I've found the Erevis Cale trilogy and gonna start on that before reading The Godborn. Really, really looking forward to it!

Glad to hear that, charger. SHADOWREALM is extremely difficult to find in print, alas (though the ebook is readily available).

Meanwhile, hope you enjoy the EC Trilogy.

Paul
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2013 :  17:43:27  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am very much looking forward to The Godborn - since having read all your Cale books within a few months last year, you have become my new favourite Realms novel author; really great stuff!
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2013 :  18:10:41  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thieran

I am very much looking forward to The Godborn - since having read all your Cale books within a few months last year, you have become my new favourite Realms novel author; really great stuff!

I very much appreciate that, Thieran. :-)

Paul
Go to Top of Page

Yoss
Learned Scribe

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2013 :  13:35:03  Show Profile Send Yoss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I keep getting emails from amazon.com reminding me about this book. Like I'm going to forget or something.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2013 :  13:53:35  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Amazon periodically recommends my own novels to me.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2013 :  13:56:18  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

Amazon periodically recommends my own novels to me.

hmmm....sounds like you have rated them highly then

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Yoss
Learned Scribe

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2013 :  13:56:47  Show Profile Send Yoss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is hilarious.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000