Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Helm and Lathander mentioned in latest Playtest.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Venger
Learned Scribe

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  06:57:53  Show Profile Send Venger a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Pages 8 and 9 of the Classes section, in the Gods and Tenets boxes, they mention not only Helm, but also Lathander and not Amaunator. Just thought I'd bring it up, so make of that what you will.

"Beware what you say when you speak of magic, wizard, or you shall see who has the greater power."

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  08:04:51  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
can you take a picture :D, want to see other ..things menionted..
Go to Top of Page

ksu_bond
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
214 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  09:37:01  Show Profile Send ksu_bond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All the FR Gods mentioned in the Playtest include: Bane, Chauntea, Helm, Ilmater, Lathander, Tempus, and Torm.

Get your own playtest packet here http://wizards.com/DnD/DnDNext.aspx

Edited by - ksu_bond on 12 Aug 2013 09:38:40
Go to Top of Page

Brenigin
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
117 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  09:51:53  Show Profile  Visit Brenigin's Homepage Send Brenigin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They're definitely teasing the Amaunator vs Lathander thing (or are confused). I've seen the Paladin Isteval (the 'face' for The Sundering) described as a Paladin of both in different places: Lathander here - take a look at the description halfway down the page page: http://www.gf9.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=3903 ; and Amaunator here (in the "spoiler" section at the bottom) - http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ex/ghosts4
Go to Top of Page

ksu_bond
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
214 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  12:43:48  Show Profile Send ksu_bond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really hope it's not confusion, otherwise we could be in for a big surprise when 5e is finally unveiled. I'm guessing that it is very purposeful.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  12:57:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps Lathander will re-emerge from Amaunator, or Amaunator will be revealed to be an alias, instead of a separate deity.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  15:22:35  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I hope it's an alias. Lathander is one of me favorite deities.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Venger
Learned Scribe

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  16:00:57  Show Profile Send Venger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd prefer they be two separate deities. Maybe Lathander got accidentally shunted to Abeir, so when Amaunator came back he just pretended to be Lathander to get all his worshippers.

"Beware what you say when you speak of magic, wizard, or you shall see who has the greater power."
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  16:34:49  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Honestly, it sounds like planning errors that reached the publication stage, and that they need a coordinating editor.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  18:15:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Personally, I hope it's an alias. Lathander is one of me favorite deities.

He's one of my favorite, too. And I've never liked the tripartite sun deity idea.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  20:41:22  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope that Amaunator and Lathander are interchangable depending on player Ethos. I don't forsee thr FR sun-deity forsaking prayers because one guy uses Lathander while another says Amaunator.
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2013 :  00:13:20  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:O , what happens if bane is just an aspect of Kratos?
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2013 :  04:08:49  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a Lathander fan myself

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2013 :  04:15:41  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spoiler, kinda: Cattie-Brie actually says they're one and the same in The Companions.
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2013 :  04:44:49  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
one of the herasys in the lost empires of faerun bit, was that myrkul was such.
Go to Top of Page

Veritas
Learned Scribe

209 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2013 :  04:49:01  Show Profile  Visit Veritas's Homepage Send Veritas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't mind fixing Sune and the elven pantheon either.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2013 :  10:14:10  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silverwolfer

Unlikely, as there is no such thing in the realms as Kratos

The driving force in the multiverse is evil, for it forces good to act.
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2013 :  11:19:13  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bane's an aspect of Druaga
Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2013 :  11:36:26  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, itīs an aspect of Garl Glittergold

Jokes aside, Bane is not an aspect of anyone. Ed Greenwood created him to be similar to Druaga, that is true, but that does not mean that Bane is an "aspect" of it.

The driving force in the multiverse is evil, for it forces good to act.
Go to Top of Page

Venger
Learned Scribe

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2013 :  14:26:33  Show Profile Send Venger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Bane

quote:
Originally posted by silverwolfer

Unlikely, as there is no such thing in the realms as Kratos

...yet.

Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2013 :  00:03:23  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
People should remember divine aspects are apart of a God, but paradoxically they are also seperate people with thier own personalities with thier own adgendas.

That's why Gilgamesh for example didn't want any incarnations, which is just an aspect that is mortal, because they might choose Good instead of Evil, in essence rejecting Gilgamesh and his plans.

Another example Gruumsh and Talos. Gruumsh hates Arcane Magic, Talos wants to be God of Magic, yet Talos is an aspect of Gruumsh, an aspect powerful enough to be a greater power in his own right but an aspect never the less.

Hanalili Celani is an Aspect of Sune's yet also rival and ally.

Heck in Durpri theology all the Gods are just Aspects of the Adma.

IRL people are like this too its just not as obvious except in cases of Multiple Personality Disorder.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2013 :  06:19:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

IRL people are like this too its just not as obvious except in cases of Multiple Personality Disorder.

Pretty sure there's only one of me running around.

Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2013 :  18:56:57  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't mean that so literially ;p
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000