Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Project Eternity by Obsidian
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2012 :  11:21:35  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
It's not any dnd world, but Project Eternity (working title) pays homage to the great Infinity Engine games of years past: Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2012 :  12:00:36  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Consider me interested!!!!!!

The driving force in the multiverse is evil, for it forces good to act.
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2012 :  21:18:03  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
now thats my most anticipated game. Beyond the modern ones

z455t
Go to Top of Page

Captain Grafalcon
Learned Scribe

Brazil
129 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2012 :  18:30:44  Show Profile Send Captain Grafalcon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I´m interested too! The modern games are good, but I still keep playing Baldur´s Gate and Icewind Dale.

"Surely you recognize that armies carrying banners are almost always thieves—until they win."
Jarlaxle, mercenary leader of Bregan D'aerthe.
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2012 :  04:55:22  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yes! I already contributed my money. I hope you guys and gals have too. We need a return of these types of RPG's
Go to Top of Page

Captain Grafalcon
Learned Scribe

Brazil
129 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2012 :  15:42:20  Show Profile Send Captain Grafalcon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The number of people funding the project shows the high demand for Infinity engine games.

"Surely you recognize that armies carrying banners are almost always thieves—until they win."
Go to Top of Page

Ada
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2012 :  16:50:47  Show Profile Send Ada a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am very skeptical about the game. I see the great names that are heading the project and the contributions that it is gaining by the day. But the one thing that is turning me away from this game is that there is no in game mechanics being shown or screen shots (except for the ones that are picture in the background of the people working on the project). Once I see some screenshot, in game footage, and/or a demo I am going to hold off for now. I have been burned on to many games to trust on words alone and the hype of a game. Don’t get me wrong, love the Baldur’s Gates and Icewind Dale games, like I said just been burned to many times.

Gul Ada Ruin - The Wizard Elf
Go to Top of Page

Captain Grafalcon
Learned Scribe

Brazil
129 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2012 :  18:02:32  Show Profile Send Captain Grafalcon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can understand their delay in showing some content. There are a lot of big companies(Ubisoft, for instance) that almost always push foward release dates and gameplay. Some years ago, my friends believed Diablo 3 was just a legend.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2012 :  20:54:47  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We all know how bad publishers can screw up game development, best example Bioware and EA. I have my hopes that Obsidian is not making a bad choice in this.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2012 :  02:49:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gavinho

I can understand their delay in showing some content. There are a lot of big companies(Ubisoft, for instance) that almost always push foward release dates and gameplay. Some years ago, my friends believed Diablo 3 was just a legend.

We should probably bear in mind, also, the fact that the next few months have a lot of big releases from other companies coming our way. 343's Halo 4 immediately comes to mind, and we can all appreciate the frenzy and hype this has long caused.

I'm assuming Obsidian will wait until they have the full attention of the gaming industry's newsfolk before making any big announcements about releasing preview content.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ada
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2012 :  15:44:41  Show Profile Send Ada a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
We should probably bear in mind, also, the fact that the next few months have a lot of big releases from other companies coming our way. 343's Halo 4 immediately comes to mind, and we can all appreciate the frenzy and hype this has long caused.

I'm assuming Obsidian will wait until they have the full attention of the gaming industry's newsfolk before making any big announcements about releasing preview content.

Could not agree with you more on the point of big name titles being released Sage. But they are asking for donations and contributions to the project so that it can be made. If they were to include some screen shots or game play, I believe that they would have an increase in contributions and maybe additional outside funding for the project.

Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  14:12:44  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised how poor the achievements are, Numenera, the other project we backed had amazing goals. They could have teamed up with Pathfinder, that would be the closest way to pay homage to IWD and BG.

Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  07:28:21  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fixed Camera? Glorious news indeed! Nothing annoys me more than having to constantly adjust my camera so I can see everything properly. In Black Isle style games (as I like to, probably ignorantly, call them) this wasn't necessary. The games were created so that you would never feel the need to rotate your camera.

I like the news about companions not being "forced" on you. I also hope that they can also DIE. This new-age unconscious rubbish frustrates me to no end. In Fallout 1 every single one of my companions got slaughtered by the final boss, I was the only one to make it out alive. It was terrible... but so fitting. In BG1 I would have to make that harsh decision to dump the body of my fallen companion because I didn't have enough money to have them revived, a tough choice indeed and shows just how little value a person's life can have.

Then again, Dragon Age promised to deliver an RPG with the feeling of Baldur's Gate and while I do love Dragon Age I feel it missed many things (and hit others).

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)

Edited by - Light on 05 Oct 2012 07:37:40
Go to Top of Page

Captain Grafalcon
Learned Scribe

Brazil
129 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  17:46:41  Show Profile Send Captain Grafalcon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Light

I like the news about companions not being "forced" on you. I also hope that they can also DIE. This new-age unconscious rubbish frustrates me to no end. In Fallout 1 every single one of my companions got slaughtered by the final boss, I was the only one to make it out alive. It was terrible... but so fitting. In BG1 I would have to make that harsh decision to dump the body of my fallen companion because I didn't have enough money to have them revived, a tough choice indeed and shows just how little value a person's life can have.

It was really hard to keep dogmeat alive through fallout 1!

Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2012 :  23:18:03  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ada

I am very skeptical about the game. I see the great names that are heading the project and the contributions that it is gaining by the day. But the one thing that is turning me away from this game is that there is no in game mechanics being shown or screen shots (except for the ones that are picture in the background of the people working on the project). Once I see some screenshot, in game footage, and/or a demo I am going to hold off for now. I have been burned on to many games to trust on words alone and the hype of a game. Don’t get me wrong, love the Baldur’s Gates and Icewind Dale games, like I said just been burned to many times.

Well, the thing is that they are trying to get funding to actually make the game. And I can't remember seeing any games on Kickstarter with actual game footage. I think I remember seeing one, but it was a mock up.

They have pretty much said that this is running off of an updated version of the Infinity Engine. So that should give you a pretty good idea of what it will look like.

Oh, and they also mocked up a screenshot as well.

http://media.obsidian.net/eternity/media/screenshots/0001/PE-TempleEntrance01-2560x1440.jpg
Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2012 :  15:20:53  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

http://media.obsidian.net/eternity/media/screenshots/0001/PE-TempleEntrance01-2560x1440.jpg

Wow, much prettier than I expected.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2012 :  19:07:53  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It does look great. Makes one hope for a great game aswell.

Go to Top of Page

Ada
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2012 :  19:20:52  Show Profile Send Ada a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ada

Well, the thing is that they are trying to get funding to actually make the game. And I can't remember seeing any games on Kickstarter with actual game footage. I think I remember seeing one, but it was a mock up.

They have pretty much said that this is running off of an updated version of the Infinity Engine. So that should give you a pretty good idea of what it will look like.

Sorry to say that I am still not sold on the whole idea. I just will probably wait until some reviews come out or some actual gameplay to judge it for myself. The preview screen shot does look nice though.

Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2012 :  21:29:32  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are $3.7 million raised! They made all of their stretch goals including a second large city. Pretty stoked about it. One of the developers gave an 18 month development cycle. So we're probably looking early 2014 for the game release.
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2012 :  01:43:33  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

They are $3.7 million raised! They made all of their stretch goals including a second large city. Pretty stoked about it. One of the developers gave an 18 month development cycle. So we're probably looking early 2014 for the game release.

I think the estimate on the page is April 2014. I threw in my contribution, so here's hoping for a good game.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  19:45:57  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The last day was incredible, 4.1 mill with Paypal, I did not believe we'll have two cities like Athkatla.

Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2012 :  22:57:14  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Either did I. I checked at about 58 hours left and the funding was just over 3,000,000. In that time another million was raised. Staggering. My question is will they consider the 4,000,000 benchmark met? Sure the actual money raised is about 13,000 less than 4,000,000 but such an amount seem insignificant...

Edited by - Light on 18 Oct 2012 23:00:07
Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2012 :  08:27:52  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They add the PayPal amount of money pledged to the Kickstarter money, so yes they met 4 Million and yes the last goal was reached therefore.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000