Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Roleplaying
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2003 :  16:21:05  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have for long time wanted to roleplay online, but I have no idea about where I can join some other players.

Anyone can help?

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2003 :  08:19:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm setting up a PBeM at the moment (all that remains now, is setting up the website that will partially host, and store most of the background and campaign information). Besides myself, there are four other scribes here at Candlekeep participating, including the Bookwyrm. There may be five members...provided if I ever hear back from Brynweir.

As for the setting, most of the adventure will take place in the Realms, with a two brief forays into the Planes, a visit to Sigil...and some other interesting twists and turns that would ruin the overall plot should I mention them.

If you want to know more about this campaign, or have questions to ask before joining up, contact me via this ethereal mail address - sageofperth@dragonlance.zzn.com

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2003 :  08:38:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I asked you about that once, Sage, and never received a response.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2003 :  09:17:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WHOOPS....

Sorry about that Arivia. When I originally posted the message about the PBeM here at Candlekeep, only three people responded.

Oh well, just send a request to that email I provided above. That should remind me to contact you on the details about the game.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2003 :  09:19:38  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Details? Details? You mean you've actually got some hard information now, Sage?

(Oops, I probably cost myself some XP there. )

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2003 :  09:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's no surprise. I have a vague idea of how snowed under you are. I've done the same to a few people.

Edited by - Arivia on 30 Dec 2003 09:32:52
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2003 :  09:52:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes indeed...DETAILS a'plenty.... The adventure write-up is now completed. Except for a few NPC's which I still need to finish, all the encounters are generated and conform to valid EL guidelines, and finally, the working on the BBEW is taking shape...so to speak .

I'm also trying to get my 'virtual-dice' program up and running in an attempt to try a little experiment with this new game...but I'm currently waiting on details from a certain female associate who also frequents these halls...mainly as a visitor.

If anyone wishes to know more (and I can set aside some time to respond), and Bookwyrm, this includes you, contact via the email address I provided above. I'll hopefully be able to answer those questions pertaining to the adventure and it's components.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2003 :  09:58:11  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eh, I got enough to start with, certainly. I'm not certain I want more knowledge than that, unless you want me chipping in advice on story arcs and such. I just love teasing people. Rumpole of Candlekeep, eh?

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2003 :  11:26:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I would appreciate a few thoughts on some portions of the overall story-arc, since my co-author has currently left the country...and two-heads are better than one when creating something like this . I'll see about sending you some of my suggestions on possible sections of the story soon.

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2003 :  16:05:56  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your help!

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2003 :  06:36:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's okay...but are you interested in joining this game?.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2003 :  06:51:31  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'll certainly look forward to it then, Sage. And likely you'll get two views: as an author in general as well as in particular (the later being "What Jack Archer Would Do").

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2003 :  10:34:14  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes! but I am pretty new to roleplaying so if you had a site with rules or somthing it would be nice.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Fibura Gauntlet
Seeker

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2003 :  11:28:27  Show Profile  Visit Fibura Gauntlet's Homepage Send Fibura Gauntlet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I have for long time wanted to roleplay online, but I have no idea about where I can join some other players.
I always thought it was a little strange that there's no play-by-post forum here at Candlekeep. I've indulged in a little free-form (some might say Chaotic ) roleplaying elsewhere and it always works well when people are sensible and put in some real effort (qualities usually in abundance here).

Why isn't there a roleplaying forum at Candlekeep

- Fibura Gauntlet
A scrib(bl)e on the margins of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2004 :  08:11:48  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, a mini-quest (if you could call it that) took place over the course of some months at the Inn and the Candlekeep Grounds. In which yours truely was antagonist, victim and enigma wrapped all into one. Example: the Creation of Lejes the Necromancer, Deimos the Dutiful, Vexez the Insane, The Healer - Medic for hire... although his cost could compare him to a Baatezu, and the Current (and restored) Cardinal Deimos- a Half-Celestial Elf from the land of Sanctuary, hunting the Founder/Betrayer/Corruptor of his ex-paladin order, an Arch-Angel/Archon named Triel...(). Anyways the previously mention characters were all aspects of the good Cardinal who, upon arrival in Faerun was shattered into parts (ie, these personallity aspects developed their own bodies and were aware of Self). Thanks to the efforts of Arivia, Trafaldi and Kiarin DAleshan Deimos was reformed and regained his now current form. He was also reminded that he has a foe to track down... wherever he may have fallen to....... Anyways it was fun. So such things can happen even at Candlekeep... Of course Deimos' Quest is now at an end since I am not about to Try to sneak the one whose name WAS Triel in here... (Alaundo would either have a fit or a heart attack), plus it may be too difficult since there are others who may not wish to see the Inn become the next jump point for The Blood War... or the Great Conflict (as Deimos knows if from his homeworld) better known as the Battle between the Celestials and Fiends.. Anyways I ramble...

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2004 :  08:35:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arivia wouldn't help you, either, Deimos. She took a vow a long time ago to abstain from interfering with the Blood War. It would interest her, but all she could do is watch.
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2004 :  08:47:43  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OOC: Truthfully, if such an event did occur, this would be something for Deimos alone. It'd be his Grudge, his private war upon Triel. And never did I expect your character to help as much they did. I do wonder though, did you atleast enjoy yourself in the Mini-quest? I am sure Trafaldi did (or atleast he had said before he did).

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2004 :  09:37:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I did. It was quite enjoyable. Arivia wouldn't mind. Ir's part of what she accepted as part of her terms of service.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2004 :  02:20:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ezindir the dark

Yes! but I am pretty new to roleplaying so if you had a site with rules or somthing it would be nice.

I'm working on that. It should be available on my Legends of Amasaria website, should I ever get that back online and running properly...

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2004 :  09:33:57  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats good !
You dont have a link do you?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2004 :  09:52:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do, but as I said, the site has been on- and offline since I uploaded the first of my 'Drizzt' NWN modules back in July. I have been working on the problem since, but I have just recently starting using a new OS, which is also causing conflict with my internet service.

I'll see about posting some information on another well-known website (EN World).

Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2004 :  05:57:40  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sage, check your mail

On another note though, if you want that random number generator, I have one that was made for me by a techy friend

Simply enter the number of sides on the dice and generate the random number.

It's an .exe file, works through cmd prompt and is really small, so if anyone would like it, please let me know, would be more than happy to share it.

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2004 :  06:00:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like a copy, MuadDib. Send it to arivia1@hotmail.com.
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2004 :  18:50:52  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by the Sage
I do, but as I said, the site has been on- and offline since I uploaded the first of my 'Drizzt' NWN modules back in July. I have been working on the problem since, but I have just recently starting using a new OS, which is also causing conflict with my internet service.

I'll see about posting some information on another well-known website (EN World).
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks!! But if you give me a link I could just have it and check it some times and see if you fix the problem !

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2004 :  12:18:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good news...

Thanks to a very gracious friend of mine for lending me some webspace, my Legends of Amasaria website will soon be having a new home (at least temporarily). Details, and an address will follow just as soon as the new site is up online and running.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2004 :  07:01:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good!

By the way, thanks for the program, MuadDib.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2004 :  00:16:51  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too would like a copy of the program, if its not too much trouble.... Please send to JAM1122@comcast.net

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2004 :  07:55:51  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a great pleasure Arivia. Glad I could finally help someone on the boards out!

Shadowlord: you have mail

Anyone else want it?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2004 :  09:00:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually I had forgotten to reply to this portion of your previous post on the subject MuadDib.

I would also appreciate a copy...I was hoping to whip up a basic system of my own creation before the start of the game, but I have less free-time now than I did two weeks ago. So I just see how this system goes for now, if I don't like it...well then, that's all the more incentive for me to get working on my own...

I would ask however that you send it directly to sageofperth@dragonlance.zzn.com

Edited by - The Sage on 08 Jan 2004 09:00:47
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2004 :  11:11:11  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage: you now have two mails

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2004 :  20:54:41  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you MaudDib, this drow appretiates your donation, and won't unleash the power of Vhaeraun upon you anytime soon.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000