Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Getting WotC's attention so they use freelancers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  23:36:01  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Clearly this is self-serving, but if you *truly* believe that freelancers like Ed, Erik and I are the best suited to bridge the editions and write a kick ass 5E Realms campaign guide, then please communicate this to Wizards of the Coast directly (though snail mail, email, twitter, or facebook).

In terms of Facebook and Twitter communication, how do we do this exactly?

That is, if we were to start a twitter campaign, what are the common hashtags that are most likely to trend opposite the Realms such that WotC would notice?

#Realms

#ForgottenRealms

#FR

#D&DNextFR?

I know Ed is on Facebook, but is he also on Twitter?

For Ed and for other freelance designers, can anyone compile a list of their twitter account user names so we can perhaps format a twitter request that fits within the character limit and uses one or more of those hashtags?

Ultimately, I think it's a good idea for Realms fans to request that Wizards of the Coast use its freelance pool of experienced Realms designers to work on the next iteration of the Forgotten Realms.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2012 :  00:05:20  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brian R. James can be found:

on Twitter: @brianrjames

on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/brian.r.james

Brian is someone I definitely want to see work on the next big Realms project.

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 28 Mar 2012 00:06:32
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2012 :  00:13:17  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azuth

It would be far better to create a "Let Ed, Erik, and Jim Fix the Realms" page and get people to like it.
Not a bad idea, that...

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2012 :  02:20:46  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, like this?

http://www.facebook.com/EdsRealms

Well done, Azuth. Simple, snazzy.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2012 :  16:01:01  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Started a thread on the WotC forums at the bequest of Erik and Brian.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2012 :  16:22:17  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good jerb, everybody.

OK, more contact info for FB and Twitter follow:

Erik Scott de Bie

Twitter: @erikscottdebie

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/erikscottdebie

Ed Greenwood

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=506200452

No Twitter account that I know of

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 28 Mar 2012 16:22:51
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2012 :  16:52:48  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget your Picbadge.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 28 Mar 2012 16:53:05
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2012 :  20:14:07  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Clearly this is self-serving, but if you *truly* believe that freelancers like Ed, Erik and I are the best suited to bridge the editions and write a kick ass 5E Realms campaign guide, then please communicate this to Wizards of the Coast directly (though snail mail, email, twitter, or facebook).

In terms of Facebook and Twitter communication, how do we do this exactly?

That is, if we were to start a twitter campaign, what are the common hashtags that are most likely to trend opposite the Realms such that WotC would notice?

#Realms

#ForgottenRealms

#FR

#D&DNextFR?

I know Ed is on Facebook, but is he also on Twitter?

For Ed and for other freelance designers, can anyone compile a list of their twitter account user names so we can perhaps format a twitter request that fits within the character limit and uses one or more of those hashtags?

Ultimately, I think it's a good idea for Realms fans to request that Wizards of the Coast use its freelance pool of experienced Realms designers to work on the next iteration of the Forgotten Realms.

Hells yeah, the people that should be helping design are definitely ones that have shown they love the realms and love detail. That's Ed Greenwood, Erik Boyd, Brian James, and Steven Schend in my book. I'd love to see some George Krashos in there as well, even though I often find him stepping in my own waters and I have to make adjustments (seems we both favor the east).

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2012 :  16:40:12  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And now for the big cheeses:

Mike Mearls (Group Manager, Head of D&D)
@mikemearls
http://www.facebook.com/#!/mearls

James Wyatt (D&D Creative Manager)
@aquelajames
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=714618869

And a very interested in the Realms game designer:
Matt Sernett
@sernett
http://www.facebook.com/#!/sernett
http://sernett.com/

Thanks to all who helped compile this information.

Go tell them what you want!

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 29 Mar 2012 16:41:22
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2012 :  02:43:04  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a tweet I sent to Mike Mearls and James Wyatt with multiple links to the stuff linked on here. Please retweet or tweet something similar so they realize there are many of us.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 30 Mar 2012 02:47:23
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2012 :  08:11:25  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another option for the Facebook inclined: http://m.facebook.com/EdsRealms

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000