Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Time of troubles (exact duration)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  21:15:14  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello folks,
Does anyone know where I can find how many weeks/months last the Time of troubles ?
I don't know if any Sage have ever answer this question.

Thanks for helping,

Marco

Edited by - Marco Volo on 26 Mar 2012 21:16:10

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  21:39:06  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure about weeks, but i believe the entire Avatar Trilogy (Time of Troubles) began and ended during the year 1358.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11689 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2012 :  21:42:55  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marco Volo

Hello folks,
Does anyone know where I can find how many weeks/months last the Time of troubles ?
I don't know if any Sage have ever answer this question.

Thanks for helping,

Marco

Check the Grand History of the Realms. I'm betting they bring it down to the day... could be wrong, but that'll probably be your closest resource.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  02:50:19  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to the Forgotten Realms Atlas (2E), The Time of Troubles began with the arrival of the gods in the Realms on 15-Kythorn (June), 1358 DR; and ran through 15-Marpenoth (October), 1358 DR.

So that would be approximately four months, plus inter-month special/high/seasonal festival days.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">

Edited by - BEAST on 27 Mar 2012 02:55:07
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  02:51:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recall the exact timeline of the Time of Troubles ever been fully detailed. But A Grand History of the Realms provides a suitably referenced series of dates, as do the older adventure modules which explore the event.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2012 :  00:22:11  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I don't recall the exact timeline of the Time of Troubles ever been fully detailed. But A Grand History of the Realms provides a suitably referenced series of dates, as do the older adventure modules which explore the event.

And not forgetting the excellent FR Atlas by Karen Wynn Fonstad on pages 128-129 that lists major events in order as well as having more pages devoted to the story aspect of the the 'heroes' travels (or should that be travails?) during the ToT (plus fantastic cartography based on Ed's originals)

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2012 :  01:47:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

And not forgetting the excellent FR Atlas by Karen Wynn Fonstad on pages 128-129 that lists major events in order as well as having more pages devoted to the story aspect of the the 'heroes' travels (or should that be travails?) during the ToT (plus fantastic cartography based on Ed's originals)

Cheers

Damian

Ah, yes. I neglected to mentioned the Forgotten Realms Atlas. I keep forgetting that it offers a listing of the major events, much like the Dragonlance Atlas [probably my favourite of the Fonstad-era] offers the breakdown for the War of the Lance.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2012 :  21:07:28  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all of you for your help.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2013 :  01:54:50  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was curious about this to.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000