Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 What's your Forgotten Realms dream novel?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  00:57:30  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So I was thinking just today about a cool concept for an FR novel, which I thought I'd share. If anyone else has a slick idea like this, why not let us all know?

SHADOWDALE TALES, by Ed Greenwood: a "tale-within-a-tale" novel in which a series of seemingly disparate characters tell stories of their travels ranging from the fantastic to the mundane, from the wild to the all-too-believable. Inspired, of course, by Chaucer's famous Canterbury Tales.

What sort of novel concept have you been itching to read in the Realms that hasn't (yet) materialized?

You may or many not have an author in mind. I think Ed's "story-teller" style is perfect for the concept I had.

Eh?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 28 Nov 2011 00:57:56

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  01:54:17  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Anything featuring the Shadovar, especially Telamont and some of his sons who've had less novel-time.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  01:55:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm. Such a tempting question, Erik... I've a select few options that have been long floating around in my mind.

The one that most instantly comes to the fore, however, would be an extended anthology based around a number of the more prominent clones involved in the Manshoon Wars. The first tale could feature the unexpected activation of the clones, while each successive story would briefly detail the exploits of a particular clone of Manshoon, with the last part being a novella bringing together all the plot hooks and events of the previous short stories -- resulting in an establishment of how the clones each eventually set themselves up with their own private agendas for the future.

Obviously, I'd expect Ed Greenwood, Steven Schend, and Eric Boyd to provide most of the contributions.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  02:19:59  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice, Sage. I'd like to read that too! (And/or possibly write a story in it.)

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Anything featuring the Shadovar, especially Telamont and some of his sons who've had less novel-time.
Heh. We all know you're a fan.

I mean specifically. What story about the Shadovar are you just dying to hear, and told in what way? Are you looking for a "Cormyr: a Novel" sort of book about Shade (i.e. "Shade: Legacy" or something of that nature)? The untold story of Lady Telamont?

I don't mean necessarily plot details, but more of a specific focus?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Icelander
Master of Realmslore

1864 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  02:44:09  Show Profile  Visit Icelander's Homepage Send Icelander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like 'Cormyr: A Novel' about any and all areas of the Realms, actually.

Given that the novels now are set in the 4e era and thus useless to me, such a work would be the most likely way I could get lore for earlier times.

Of course, I may be in the minority in that I mostly read Realms-novels to glean lore from them and not for enjoyment. For enjoyment, I prefer fantasy authors who have passed the hurdle of writing a shared world and have created their own. No offence intended to Realms-authors, but so far, none of them rivals Burroughs, Doyle, Howard or Leiber for rollicking fun, Poe or Lovecraft for suspense and horror, Tolkien for mythic grandeur, Cornwell for historical fantasy, Pratchett for humorous fantasy so funny that you don't notice it's literature until you're halfway through or Martin for intricately-woven schemes and defiance of traditional tropes. There's no shame in not being in that company.

I think I'd most like Ravens Bluff: A Novel. That would suit my current game and the Vast/ar is an interesting area of the Realms that could do with more published lore about its history.

Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela!

Forgotten Realms fans, please sign a petition to re-release the FR Interactive Atlas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  02:48:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's one I just thought of: something like the Evermeet novel, but focusing on dwarves. Written by Elaine by herself, or Ed and Elaine together.

Sage and I have long spoken wistfully of the idea of an anthology/series focusing on the Manshoon clones...

A book or two from Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak focusing on one or more of the other Alias clones, or maybe the children of one of those clones falling into a plot where someone is trying to recreate the work that created Alias and her sisters.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  02:48:40  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still want to see this jewel of an idea from September 2008 and find out more about Ompahr Daergech and the gnomes in The Warrens in Waterdeep as well as the loose ends Steven mentions.

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

How about Ed Greenwood Present Waterdeep: The Warrens by Steven Schend???

I know I would buy it.

Yeah. I'd write that. It'd be fun and I could wrap up some ideas I'd had for Undermountain....or perhaps play with the Dungeon of the Crypt and the Blue Alley for a bit.....hmmm.......

Steven

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  03:16:31  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:

Heh. We all know you're a fan.

I mean specifically. What story about the Shadovar are you just dying to hear, and told in what way? Are you looking for a "Cormyr: a Novel" sort of book about Shade (i.e. "Shade: Legacy" or something of that nature)? The untold story of Lady Telamont?

I don't mean necessarily plot details, but more of a specific focus?

Cheers

Too many to choose from. But I tried to narrow them down to these:

1. Telamont's Secrets. The main source of his power. How he's sustaining it. How in the Nine Hells did his city not fall when the Spellplauge hit Toril. What does he think of Skullport? Is he "allied" with other power groups? The Arcane Brotherhood, perhaps? What does he intend to do when Shar exact her payment for helping him and his city?

2. The Princes' Agenda. Most particulary other than Brennus and Rivalen, who've received most novel time (thanks to Paul). What are they up to? What would they do when they learn of their brother's matricide?

3. The surviving Netherese archwizards [Telmaont, Larloch, Aumvor, and maybe a few yet unknown others (save Ioulaum, whose state would prevent him from traveling)] sitting at one table, discussing their plans of mutual benefits, forging a temporary alliance, and ultimately backstabbing each other. I know it isn't Larloch's style to show himself to his foes, or potential foes, but if the gods sometimes go out their usual ways, so can a lich.

Edited by - Dennis on 28 Nov 2011 03:18:19
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  04:58:34  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Manshoon idea Sage mentioned was my first thought on seeing the title. I would take it a step or two farther and include Manshoon discovering/creating the cloning spell and it's first few uses as he gets used to dying over and over. Alternatively, it could be a very large volume detailing the Zhentarim and heavily featuring the Clone Wars.

The Telamont idea has potential too. I would have it from his perspective and start in Netheril with his dabbling in planar affairs. It would need to show the when and how (to finally settle it) of Shade plane shifting and avoiding disaster. Then after he realizes the magnitude of what has happened, his thought process on what to do now. From there, show a lot of the time in the Plane of Shadow and the start of their plans to return to the Prime Material and begin their efforts to rebuild their empire. Feature the sons who haven't gotten as much "screen time". Maybe feature Rivalen and Brennus together as brothers to further compound the tragedy when Brennus finds out the truth later. It would have to have the moment Telamont found out and explain why he didn't kill Rivalen on the spot. And I think Paul S. Kemp is the guy to write this one.

My own want would be to see a longer book detailing the fate of the Wyvernspurs (especially Giogi) after the Finder's Stone trilogy through to the present, along with Alias (and any other clones that may be floating around) and everyone else and Finder in his post ascension state. Maybe due to the magical nature of her creation, Alias survived the Spellplague and is still alive? Maybe the Spellplague split a small sliver of power from Finder and it is slowly reforming Moander? Maybe Olive is somehow still alive and working with the reformed Harpers or is possibly a Chosen of Finder? Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb should write this one.*

*I should note that I have not read the other books by Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb that feature these characters so some of this may be detailed there unbeknownst to me.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  05:06:53  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Indeed. I'd like to see that, too. I want to see what exactly did Telamont mean when he said somthing along this line to Brennus, "When the entire city was in the brink of destruction in our long stay in the Plane of Shadow, it was your brother [Rivalen] who was instrumental in saving it." It would also be nice to have Alashar and Brennus have their bonding moments. It'd make the matricide and Brennus's reaction upon learning it, look...more painful.

I agree that Paul is the best author to pen it. But I'd welcome others as well. Perhaps, Erik himself. [If he's interested, of course.]

Edited by - Dennis on 28 Nov 2011 05:08:46
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  06:11:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nice, Sage. I'd like to read that too! (And/or possibly write a story in it.)
I was curious about whether you'd want to contribute, actually. I'd like to see how a clone of Manshoon fares in your capable hands.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  06:12:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Here's one I just thought of: something like the Evermeet novel, but focusing on dwarves. Written by Elaine by herself, or Ed and Elaine together.
Ideally, any fiction focusing on the dwarves of the Realms would be welcome.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  06:21:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrant

The Manshoon idea Sage mentioned was my first thought on seeing the title. I would take it a step or two farther and include Manshoon discovering/creating the cloning spell and it's first few uses as he gets used to dying over and over. Alternatively, it could be a very large volume detailing the Zhentarim and heavily featuring the Clone Wars.
My original idea was for an entire trilogy devoted to the much of what you and I have just covered. [Actually, now that I'm thinking about it... my original idea included a five or six book series -- with each novel featuring one particular Manshoon clone's exploits, along with one small novella in the back of each volume which would connect each individual tale to the metaplot of the entire series of books.]

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  06:48:25  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I think the untold story of Lady Telamont has been told well enough already. It really wouldn't have much impact beyond adding background depth to Telemont, Rivalen, and the other Princes ... although it might be interesting to witness their relationships during all stages of their thus-far unexplained transformation from humans into shades. Perhaps such a thing could be subset within a tale of broader scope which explores the transformation of Thultanthar into Shade, one which could explain the supposedly terrifying difficulties faced by the city and the methods (or compromises) issued by Lord Shadow/Telamont to survive them.

I should actually like to see tales involving Mirt. Preferably without involving plotting gods, epic characters, and overdone venues like Waterdeep. He seems like the sort of guy who could expound hyperbolically upon his fantastic camping trips, unbelievable fishing adventures, and otherwise bard-worthy "layman" amusements. Or, if not Mirt, then at least a short story (or tall tale) about some nice grumbly dwarves who bury the hatchet in a rather inconvient place.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  07:13:21  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See my sig:THO's quote.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  07:17:05  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brimstone, I think your sig might have been what got me thinking about this.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  07:35:29  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Actually, I think the untold story of Lady Telamont has been told well enough already.
Not well enough. Not yet. It'd be interesting to see his childhood, his apprenticeship to Karsus, his finding Alashar, his dabbling and later mastery of shadow magic, and his covert schemes to one day punish the bitch goddess who masterminded his wife's murder.

Edited by - Dennis on 28 Nov 2011 07:38:31
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  09:59:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Telamont idea has potential too. I would have it from his perspective and start in Netheril with his dabbling in planar affairs. It would need to show the when and how (to finally settle it) of Shade plane shifting and avoiding disaster. Then after he realizes the magnitude of what has happened, his thought process on what to do now. From there, show a lot of the time in the Plane of Shadow and the start of their plans to return to the Prime Material and begin their efforts to rebuild their empire. Feature the sons who haven't gotten as much "screen time". Maybe feature Rivalen and Brennus together as brothers to further compound the tragedy when Brennus finds out the truth later. It would have to have the moment Telamont found out and explain why he didn't kill Rivalen on the spot. And I think Paul S. Kemp is the guy to write this one.

My own want would be to see a longer book detailing the fate of the Wyvernspurs (especially Giogi) after the Finder's Stone trilogy through to the present, along with Alias (and any other clones that may be floating around) and everyone else and Finder in his post ascension state. Maybe due to the magical nature of her creation, Alias survived the Spellplague and is still alive? Maybe the Spellplague split a small sliver of power from Finder and it is slowly reforming Moander? Maybe Olive is somehow still alive and working with the reformed Harpers or is possibly a Chosen of Finder? Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb should write this one.*

*I should note that I have not read the other books by Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb that feature these characters so some of this may be detailed there unbeknownst to me.

We do see a little of the next generation of Wyvernspurs in the interludes in the book Tymora's Luck.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  10:05:05  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Such talk makes me want to include The Finder's Stone Trilogy in the pile I'm juggling right now.

Quick question: In your opinion, was the Twisted Rune portrayed well enough (and given justice) in the first book? It's just that I read some reviews saying their fate towards the end was rather rushed.

Edited by - Dennis on 28 Nov 2011 10:07:22
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  10:48:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Such talk makes me want to include The Finder's Stone Trilogy in the pile I'm juggling right now.

Quick question: In your opinion, was the Twisted Rune portrayed well enough (and given justice) in the first book? It's just that I read some reviews saying their fate towards the end was rather rushed.

You may have your trilogies confused... The Twisted Rune isn't even mentioned in the Finder's Stone trilogy.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  14:01:25  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

You may have your trilogies confused... The Twisted Rune isn't even mentioned in the Finder's Stone trilogy.

Yes. Sorry. It's just that for some reason I sometimes think of Cassana as a member of the Twisted Rune.

Anyway, I would also like to see Shradin Mulophor's background explored even more.

Edited by - Dennis on 28 Nov 2011 14:04:46
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  15:51:56  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. I'm keeping very quiet in this thread, but feel moved to tell The Sage: according to Ed, you're going to be pleased about one of your expressed fiction desires in the near future.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

hawkytom
Seeker

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  20:04:25  Show Profile Send hawkytom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very cool thread! I will have to think on this for a bit before I can come up with something good!

Until then I'll beat a dead horse Book 6 of Song and Swords series by Elaine Cunningham, 'Reclamation'

Any Lone Wolf fans? Old school gamebooks from the 80's? They are being re-released/updated, and new books 29-32 being written: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/novels/lonewolfsolo.html

Forgotten Realms BOOKS owned: ALL of them! (ebooks?...NONE! ever)

Edited by - hawkytom on 28 Nov 2011 20:05:24
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  20:21:53  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hawkytom

Very cool thread! I will have to think on this for a bit before I can come up with something good!
Until then I'll beat a dead horse Book 6 of Song and Swords series by Elaine Cunningham, 'Reclamation'
Heh. When I first created this thread, I anticipated a few replies, namely:

1) Dennis would say something about the Shades.

2) Sage would request the Manshoon Wars.

3) Someone would mention Reclamation.

Maybe I'm spending too much time on the boards.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  20:59:56  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love to see a novel set around the Time of Troubles with a psionic protagonist learning of his powers. Something like Spellfire where they stumble onto it and become more and more capable as they progress, and meet with various Harpers, Knights, and Chosen on the way. Maybe set in Phlan (love it there) or Hillsfar or some Moonsea city initially.

If I were to write fanfic, it would be a novel about a Psionicist coming into his power in the realms. Of course, he'd have a trusty warrior and rogue and spellcasting companion to help him along!

I'd also love to read more about Giogi Wyvernspur and his adventures post The Wyvernspur (with Cat and Olive and anyone else).
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  21:45:52  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seravin

I would love to see a novel set around the Time of Troubles with a psionic protagonist learning of his powers. Something like Spellfire where they stumble onto it and become more and more capable as they progress, and meet with various Harpers, Knights, and Chosen on the way. Maybe set in Phlan (love it there) or Hillsfar or some Moonsea city initially.

If I were to write fanfic, it would be a novel about a Psionicist coming into his power in the realms. Of course, he'd have a trusty warrior and rogue and spellcasting companion to help him along!

I'd also love to read more about Giogi Wyvernspur and his adventures post The Wyvernspur (with Cat and Olive and anyone else).

I had not even considered a Psionic-centric novel. Going down that road, I would love to see a novel featuring the rise and fall of Jhammdath and the worship of Auppenser. Perhaps the story would be told by a present day psion trying to restart worship of Auppenser or by a Psionic Lich who is one of the survivors of the Empire (and who may be trying to rebuild it, or trying to restart worship of Auppenser, or any number of other reasons).

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  21:56:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by hawkytom

Heh. When I first created this thread, I anticipated a few replies, namely:

1) Dennis would say something about the Shades.

2) Sage would request the Manshoon Wars.

3) Someone would mention Reclamation.

Maybe I'm spending too much time on the boards.

Cheers

I thought about mentioning Reclamation, but did not, since Elaine herself bowed out on that one.

Just thought of another one, though: an anthology by Ed, featuring neither Chosen nor any of the big movers-and-shakers, instead focusing on some of the NPCs we've had descriptions of but never seen in fiction, like Baelam the Bold, Mintiper Moonsilver, Asilther Graelor, Elsura Dauniir... And maybe a Glarasteer Rhauligan short story, too.

Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  22:00:27  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I had not even considered a Psionic-centric novel. Going down that road, I would love to see a novel featuring the rise and fall of Jhammdath and the worship of Auppenser. Perhaps the story would be told by a present day psion trying to restart worship of Auppenser or by a Psionic Lich who is one of the survivors of the Empire (and who may be trying to rebuild it, or trying to restart worship of Auppenser, or any number of other reasons).

Heck, I'd even take a novel about Kimmuriel and his escape from House Oblodra and joining the ranks of the BD eventually becoming 2nd in command with Rai-Guy.

I can dream can't I? I think psionic heroes/villains have been underused in the Realms-lore personally, but I'm biased that way. I know psionics are rare in the Realms compared to say, Dark Sun.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  22:25:09  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed! This thread is all about dreams.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2011 :  22:29:09  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Heck, I'd even take a novel about Kimmuriel and his escape from House Oblodra and joining the ranks of the BD eventually becoming 2nd in command with Rai-Guy.

I can dream can't I? I think psionic heroes/villains have been underused in the Realms-lore personally, but I'm biased that way. I know psionics are rare in the Realms compared to say, Dark Sun.

I am in agreement that Psionics could use some more coverage over all in the Realms. That was one of the reasons I really liked the House of Serpents trilogy. Another reason was that it heavily featured the Yuan-Ti, who I feel are also under represented.

-The Sith Code

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2011 :  01:20:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Heh. I'm keeping very quiet in this thread, but feel moved to tell The Sage: according to Ed, you're going to be pleased about one of your expressed fiction desires in the near future.
love,
THO

Ed's been mind-reaving my mental sphere while I've been asleep! That's the only explanation.

Seriously, though, this is awesome news. I can't wait until he can start sharing more about this.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000