Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Create Your own Gold Box Style Games
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RedneckBadgerLord
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2011 :  05:49:44  Show Profile  Visit RedneckBadgerLord's Homepage Send RedneckBadgerLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
[url=http://uaf.sourceforge.net/]Dungeon Craft[/url] is an attempt to re-create the style of the old SSI games. With much better graphics and sound, I might add.

Basically Unlimited Adventures with a huge facelift (and there are plenty of [url=http://frua.rosedragon.org/]FRUA[/url] mods still around. (Give the oriental adventures world conversion a spin, it's great.)

Dungeoncraft can even import old FRUA designs, art, and other stuff too. It's open-source (Currently windows only), and you can add whatever you like to it.

I'm making a game with it myself. The rules are easily edited too, if anyone should tackle a later edition.

Redwall. Drizzt. Kentucky. Enough said.

I was weaned on 2E Baldur's Gate. Learned 3.5E, and can't stand 4E WoF. (Though I try not to mess up canon too badly).

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2011 :  06:00:47  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RedneckBadgerLord

Dungeon Craft is an attempt to re-create the style of the old SSI games. With much better graphics and sound, I might add.

Basically Unlimited Adventures with a huge facelift (and there are plenty of FRUA mods still around. (Give the oriental adventures world conversion a spin, it's great.)

Dungeoncraft can even import old FRUA designs, art, and other stuff too. It's open-source (Currently windows only), and you can add whatever you like to it.

I'm making a game with it myself. The rules are easily edited too, if anyone should tackle a later edition.

Link-fix

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2011 :  18:06:46  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet! Thanks for sharing. I'm considering building 'Monument of the Ancients' with this toolset.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

RedneckBadgerLord
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2011 :  02:17:07  Show Profile  Visit RedneckBadgerLord's Homepage Send RedneckBadgerLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're very welcome. Glad I could be of service to one of the great chroniclers of Realms' history.

I was weaned on 2E Baldur's Gate. Learned 3.5E, and can't stand 4E WoF. (Though I try not to mess up canon too badly).
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2011 :  04:57:59  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love to see MotA in this format. But isn't the engine built on 2E-style game rules?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2011 :  06:51:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

Sweet! Thanks for sharing. I'm considering building 'Monument of the Ancients' with this toolset.

Neat!

I can't wait to see the result of this effort, Brian.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2011 :  16:34:16  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the idea!

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

RedneckBadgerLord
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  00:38:35  Show Profile  Visit RedneckBadgerLord's Homepage Send RedneckBadgerLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

I would love to see MotA in this format. But isn't the engine built on 2E-style game rules?

1e actually. But what's wrong with that?

Besides, you can edit the engine too.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000