Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Templates for Adventure Handouts
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

myorke
Acolyte

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2011 :  17:14:00  Show Profile  Visit myorke's Homepage Send myorke a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met,

I'm in the process of improving my online campaign guide for the players of my Melvaunt campaign (3.5e). The information is great, but I'm looking at fancifying it for them... I recall at one time seeing a word or pdf template for the standard 3e Forgotten Realms book page including the background image (the parchment with leather or shadowy edges).

Thanks to the proliferation of .doc viruses etc, I am unable to find anything online and am beginning to doubt my memory. Does any have such a template or know where to get one?

Many thanks...

Incidentally, if you would like to see the current version of the guide, feel free! The artwork is very crude for now. Let me know what you think!

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1JJS_zuP3jFeHcczB-SxPxCs-tWvEHxOc76mRgPpOGyw

MisterX
Learned Scribe

Germany
118 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2011 :  09:56:43  Show Profile Send MisterX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just extract the background-image of some Web-Enhancement.

I've lost track of recent realmslore, since my campaigns are still in the 1370ies. :-)
---
When talking about rules (and related stuff) I always refer to 3.5e unless explicitly noted.
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2011 :  11:27:29  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had those templates, but I lost them after I formatted my laptop last month... maybe I still have those saved somewhere, let me check.

I ripped one of the web enhancements in Adobe Illustrator for the pages. If you want I can do it again for you.
Go to Top of Page

myorke
Acolyte

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2011 :  14:55:32  Show Profile  Visit myorke's Homepage Send myorke a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. No need to rip them as I can do that when I have a chance. Was hoping that the original ones were still kicking around. :)
Go to Top of Page

MisterX
Learned Scribe

Germany
118 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2011 :  17:57:43  Show Profile Send MisterX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As a matter of fact, WotC WebEnhancements (as recommended to use) are original ones. :D

I've lost track of recent realmslore, since my campaigns are still in the 1370ies. :-)
---
When talking about rules (and related stuff) I always refer to 3.5e unless explicitly noted.
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2011 :  21:17:58  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think myorke referred to the templates he was looking for.

quote:
Originally posted by MisterX

As a matter of fact, WotC WebEnhancements (as recommended to use) are original ones. :D

Go to Top of Page

myorke
Acolyte

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2011 :  12:57:28  Show Profile  Visit myorke's Homepage Send myorke a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely... you're both right! The template I mean was likely a web enhancement and I thought it was a released version of the blank pages, not a fan mock-up. It may have been from Dungeon magazine though... again, my memory isn't what it used to be.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2014 :  19:37:02  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A bit of threadomancy. The links above don't work. Anyone out there with a blank FR page template - preferably one from the old 1E/2E products, not the 3E style. Anyone?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2014 :  20:06:36  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh, yeah I would love to get my hands on that, for obvious magazine related reasons

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2014 :  16:27:18  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to use the template as well if anyone can dig one up. Perhaps we can whip one up with the known FR fonts?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000