Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 OGL/GSL Campaign Setting
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Solomon
Acolyte

New Zealand
23 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2011 :  07:04:34  Show Profile  Visit Solomon's Homepage Send Solomon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Calling all creative minds,

I have recently resumed work on an original ("homebrew") heroic fantasy setting with dark fantasy elements, which I intend to serve as the backdrop for d20 OGL/4e GSL campaigns, fiction writing and so on. The goal is to make something richly detailed, immersive and original, and yet retain a sense of familiarity. Our original influences include various D&D campaign settings (Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Golarion, Eberron, Gemini, Midnight, etc) as well as sources from other media (Moorcock, Howard's Hyborian Age, the Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Warhammer Fantasy, etc). The focus is more on the setting itself than any game mechanics, though we will be making use of material contained in the OGL/GSL.

Essentially it's a community world-building project.

If you're unsure of what "Dark Fantasy" entails, I recommend the amusing (and quite accurate) summation here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarkFantasy

I've been working with a team of like-minded individuals brainstorming ideas, and I'm on the lookout for more. We're interested with working with people from all kinds of backgrounds and with all kinds of influences. Full-time participation is by no means required - just idea sharing/thoughts/opinions/brainstorming when you have the time. If you're interested and feel like you're up to the task, please PM me and we can discuss it further. Alternatively, you can join our group here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/realmsofdarkfantasy/

I look forward to hearing from you.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000