Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 If you could be a god what would you be ???
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  16:20:22  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I would be the god of war,madnes,lojalty and duty and a faitful servant of Cyric.

Blacksage
Acolyte

31 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  22:29:16  Show Profile  Visit Blacksage's Homepage Send Blacksage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
God of intrigue.
(sorry to steal one of cyric's portfolio)

till the daggers part...
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  23:19:30  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be the god of liberty, hope, mountains and resistance.
Obviously chaotic good
my domains would be chaos, good, renewal, liberty and protection
my titles: The Liberator, Crushing Fist of Suffered, Trailer of all Mountains
Symbol: on a black back ground a blood red shield which a black star in front of two crosswised swords lays.
Followers: fighters against tyrany, folk suffered under thumbs of nobles, good mountain folks and many bards
cleric alg: Cha/good
avatar: 20 mage/20 ranger/10rouge

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Vallandar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  08:44:14  Show Profile  Visit Vallandar's Homepage Send Vallandar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
God of wealth, merchantile trade and all things profitable. You may tithe...now!

'The sinews of war, unlimited money'
- Cicero
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  08:49:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Deity of creativity and freedom.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  16:46:18  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
God of nature, forests and woodlands

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  18:29:20  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The godess of wizard slayers... sorry, but everyone else wants the 'normal' portfolios. I'll make my own. ;)

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Jaster Sunstar
Acolyte

Turkey
2 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  21:14:56  Show Profile  Visit Jaster Sunstar's Homepage Send Jaster Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to be the god of knowladge, honor and victory and also seas.
Knowladge and honor are the most imporant keys to victory which I ll grant.
Go to Top of Page

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  21:24:28  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
God of Shawdows, Secrets, Murder, Deception

Domains would be Trickery, Evil, Chaos, Shadows

Worshipers would be Assassins, Shadow Dancers (Evil), Blackguards Rouges, Thieves
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  22:52:17  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've already answered this one. It was either my first or my second post . . . .

Oh, if you take a look at that page, please disregard what I said regarding Ao. I'd read the wrong information, it seems . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  04:33:37  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
God of Liberty,Justice and Freedom...or is that The Statue of liberty?

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  15:25:36  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. A god of freedom and justice for all sounds like a good one. There doesn't really seem to be one in the Realms, unless I'm mistaken. Well, justice itself, but all the ones with that kind of portfolio seem more concerned with honor, rather than justice.

Just musing . . . .

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  16:30:47  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
my domains law, war, madnes, evil, death
my titles: the faithful one, The lord om madnes, war lord, reborn evil
Symbol: A Blue banner with the same flag as the romans
Followers: evil people who isent the tipicol evil and fighters, tyrants, gardians, mad people,
cleric alg: all types
avatar: 20 fighter/20 assaion/10 cleric
And i just add god of assaions
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  16:57:37  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you'd be stepping on a few divine toes there, Cyric.

But wouldn't "Madness" be far more associated with chaos rather than law? And what do you mean, a flag like the Romans? The Romans didn't use flags -- they hauled around that bronze standard instead.

Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  20:49:10  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not a flagg a banner of sort any way and i do belive they used it in the end of the roman empire.
Madness would be moore like caos but i expet people from all alligments

Edited by - Cyric on 23 Oct 2003 16:44:16
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  21:20:17  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can I be the god of mud pies then?(somebody has to do it.)
Mud pies and mischief,thats it.

Oh and Cheese...I've heard so much about the power of cheese on t.v.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Edited by - William of Waterdeep on 24 Oct 2003 05:58:09
Go to Top of Page

Arteris
Learned Scribe

121 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2003 :  02:20:25  Show Profile  Visit Arteris's Homepage Send Arteris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mudpies... Lol, interesting. He fights with a +5 Chaotic Brilliant Energy Flaming mudpie :oP

Also, forgot my Avatar

20 Rogue/ 15 Fighter/ 10 Shadow Dancer

+5 Chaotic, Speed, Screaming Longsword

+5 Chaotic, Speed, Screaming Dagger

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2003 :  12:35:49  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
God of mud pies, that's a creative one. I can hear the prayer; Ohh Great William of the migtiest mud pie, give str and wisdom to create the best mud pie ever. Most delicious one please bless this mud pie, and please my guests tonight.

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2003 :  15:00:49  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be "Monkey of the Jungle". Just so i could be the baddest Monkey in the jungle. Heh. One oy my powers could be to cause bananas to grow randomly for all my little monkey kind. A neat little weapon could be violate monkey poo. Toss it at my foes and they have to roll a save or die from lung failure. Heh.... Just a thought....

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2003 :  17:01:28  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I were a god....Hmmm
I guess I would be a God of Decay/Rot, Maddness, Hate, and Vengence.
Titles: The Gibbering One, The Eyes Eternal, and The Hateful Maw.
Symbol: A green Decaying human skull/head gripped in a purple hand, With a black star shinning behind them.
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Portfolio: Maddness, Hate, Rage, Decay/Rot, Vengence, Plagues
Domains: Maddness, Pestilence, Hatred, Decay/Rot, and Retribution
Favored Weapon: Festerwound (Halberd)

Avatar: Lvl 20 Wizard, lvl 15 Cleric, Lvl 10 Blackguard
Followers: Anyone willing to sacrifice any and everything to achieve their goal. Mostly Mages, and blackguards, but above all else Bards. Why Bards? For they will sacifice for their art. A choir of made up of Banshee, Abiltiy to turn the very flesh of a person into the ultimate sculpting material, Paint pictures that draw the unwary into them into the grotesque world within. Those willing to walk the closest to the far realms... Artists are the best of that type of lot..

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  11:44:32  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be the goddess of Love, Peace, Longevity and the Seasons on Faerun.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  13:28:42  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I decieded to add revenge my portfolio
and my titles Ruthless Avenger
"I swear to my self this is not over"

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  17:11:36  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ack! Lina! Too -- much -- anime!

Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  17:44:57  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to be the god of Nationalism, Political philosophy, and Self-determination. I would be like Teumpus: providing a forum for these pursuits, but not taking sides when they conflict with each other. My allies would include Waukeen, Gond, and Oghma (necessary amoral aspects of any sustainable political entity) and my biggest enemy would be Gargauth (the embodiment of employing these pursuits for purely selfish reasons).
Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  17:46:03  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And yes, I'm a political science major...
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  17:50:30  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gee, I could never tell . . . .

I suppose it's obvious from mine (if not my other posts) that I'm an Education major . . . . I suppose wanting to be the top teacher and the top librarian would give that one away.

Go to Top of Page

Blacksage
Acolyte

31 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  19:19:14  Show Profile  Visit Blacksage's Homepage Send Blacksage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to add one more to my portfolio,
Law.(and intrigue is the second)

If you control both, how can you be defated?
(this political manouver is being used by some of the
leading nations this day )

till the daggers part...
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2003 :  00:07:22  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Ack! Lina! Too -- much -- anime!

I like it Lina.......I would go with one if they had a bald guy.

Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2003 :  01:15:28  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lowtech

I would like to be the god of Nationalism, Political philosophy, and Self-determination. I would be like Teumpus: providing a forum for these pursuits, but not taking sides when they conflict with each other. My allies would include Waukeen, Gond, and Oghma (necessary amoral aspects of any sustainable political entity) and my biggest enemy would be Gargauth (the embodiment of employing these pursuits for purely selfish reasons).

this is like sth from history of our life and I dont like it .
well nationalizm is a good thing but I will be the god that opposes it and says internationalizm instead

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2003 :  01:18:28  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blacksage

I'd like to add one more to my portfolio,
Law.(and intrigue is the second)

If you control both, how can you be defated?
(this political manouver is being used by some of the
leading nations this day )

You are absolutely right but I don't think ALoundo will let political argument of our world in candlekeep so we better not mention those here
Hey I m not a god, .....yet

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2003 :  13:44:51  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes i just my domains law, war, madnes, evil, death,
my titles: the faithful one, The lord om madnes, war lord, reborn evil
Symbol: A Blue banner with the same flag as the romans
Followers: evil people who isent the tipicol evil and fighters, tyrants, gardians, mad people, servants
cleric alg: all types
avatar: 20 fighter/20 assaion/10 cleric
and i just add a coupel of things war,madnes,lojalty and duty, assions and i would be god who stands agenst souch things as Nationalism
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000