Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Been pondering starting a new campaign again.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  17:04:45  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, yeah, it's that time again when I've had the urge to start a new campaign. Anyone out there still interested? I haven't been on Keep in months, so not sure who is still around.

I haven't settled on any thing yet but I was thinking about a vague idea of running a play by post game using the group option of Facebook but I don't mind running it via email either.

Uh, setting? Not sure. Prob FR before the explosion, or maybe Pathfinder. Rules would be prob 3e or, again, Pathfinder or Pathfinder 3e. I don't have any 4e rules.

Edit: And I posted this in the wrong shelf, mutter. Supposed to be in Running the Realms.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 09 Jan 2011 17:57:45

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  17:58:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Edit: And I posted this in the wrong shelf, mutter. Supposed to be in Running the Realms.

I moved it for you.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2011 :  23:57:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, you know what I'm like with time. And promises. I won't say "yay" or "nay" at the moment. Only, maybe.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  04:14:21  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd probably be interested. My preferred ruleset is 2e, but I know and play 3e as well. Never done Pathfinder, though. And if you're looking at doing play by post and don't want to do it here at the Keep, rpol.net, while not the most user-friendly of interfaces, is a pretty good place to host it.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  04:50:42  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was also thinking of rpol.net. Just exploring options at the moment, plus seeing if anyone else is interested.

quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

I'd probably be interested. My preferred ruleset is 2e, but I know and play 3e as well. Never done Pathfinder, though. And if you're looking at doing play by post and don't want to do it here at the Keep, rpol.net, while not the most user-friendly of interfaces, is a pretty good place to host it.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  14:19:22  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was also thinking of rpol.net. Just exploring options at the moment, plus seeing if anyone else is interested.

quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

We are always interested!

Especially if you want to pick up the old Silver Wyrms game.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  14:21:30  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd be interested. Could probably also play over on the Pathfinder forums (they have integrated code for dice-rolling).

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  15:50:13  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You could also check out dndonlinegames.com, there's plenty of great features on those forums for running play by post games and I've been happy playing there for years.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  15:54:59  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okies, got some ideas on where to try to run the campaign, so who is interested?

I know Yuri messaged me on Facebook but I'm not sure whom else is interested in playing. Hmmm, I'm not sure if I'm going to continue the old campaign but I guess that depends on everyone's character.

Go to Top of Page

Erdrick Stormedge
Learned Scribe

132 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  15:59:38  Show Profile  Visit Erdrick Stormedge's Homepage Send Erdrick Stormedge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would enjoy playing.

quote:

So, yeah, it's that time again when I've had the urge to start a new campaign. Anyone out there still interested? I haven't been on Keep in months, so not sure who is still around.

I haven't settled on any thing yet but I was thinking about a vague idea of running a play by post game using the group option of Facebook but I don't mind running it via email either.

Uh, setting? Not sure. Prob FR before the explosion, or maybe Pathfinder. Rules would be prob 3e or, again, Pathfinder or Pathfinder 3e. I don't have any 4e rules.

Go to Top of Page

Ruul
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  16:14:11  Show Profile  Visit Ruul's Homepage Send Ruul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm interested.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  19:36:32  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okies, how about roll me a char and then I'll see what classes/races we have. Going to make this one a bit different and say everyone can start at 5th level. Max money for level.

I could dig up my house rules, which should still be somewhere in this forum. :)

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  19:50:44  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which rules set should we roll the characters up in?

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  01:16:32  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to say 3/3.5 or any of the variant rules from 3/3.5. :)

Edit: I'm still sticking to the roll 4d6 drop the lowest, arrange to taste. :)

Also, if any of you want to use a old char from any of my games, I'm more then willing to work that in.....

quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Which rules set should we roll the characters up in?

Edited by - Kuje on 11 Jan 2011 01:33:10
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  04:20:42  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dug up my old threads with my house rules, since I prob lost them again during HD deaths. So, they could be found in this old thread.

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10083&whichpage=2

Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  12:40:38  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I dug up my old threads with my house rules, since I prob lost them again during HD deaths. So, they could be found in this old thread.

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10083&whichpage=2

Two questions:

Is this your version of the Realms? (If so, then everyone needs to read your Oct 12 2007 post on that thread)

Location? waterdeep...dalelands....cormyr...

Glad to see you back.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  14:07:29  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pondering this. Not sure if I really have the time though, since calculus is sucking away my life at the moment.... *sigh*

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  15:14:57  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

I'm pondering this. Not sure if I really have the time though, since calculus is sucking away my life at the moment.... *sigh*

Hey now, don’t forget I’m the person that takes 2 days to reply to a single die roll.

So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  16:07:54  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
could proberly be talked into giving it a spin ... through my connection aren't brilliant it's starting to work better with me at least being able to log on workdays now

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  16:32:23  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

quote:

Hey now, don’t forget I’m the person that takes 2 days to reply to a single die roll.

Yeah, I'm pulling my "I'm interested" as well. Looking at the unpacking still yet to happen from the move plus my work's finally becoming work (instead of "here's where everything is") and I'm not finding a lot of time...

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  16:32:41  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup, can't think of any other campaign changes I need to add to that old post.

quote:
Two questions:

Is this your version of the Realms? (If so, then everyone needs to read your Oct 12 2007 post on that thread)

Location? waterdeep...dalelands....cormyr...

Glad to see you back.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  16:35:53  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, I was thinking about this a bit last night and I was pondering making the campaign in the Border Kingdoms but this isn't set in stone yet. I have a few vague plot ideas but until I get a few more characters, they are just that, vague plots. :)

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  16:59:53  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To Ashe and Kes, well, I can understand that. Life gets busy and there may be some times when I can't reply right away. There's some things going on with me that are going to be a pain to deal with, time wise. :) I guess I'm just saying, join if you want but if you feel you can't reply as fast as the others, then that's no worries to me, we'll add your posts when you can reply.

quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:

quote:

Yeah, I'm pulling my "I'm interested" as well. Looking at the unpacking still yet to happen from the move plus my work's finally becoming work (instead of "here's where everything is") and I'm not finding a lot of time...

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2011 :  17:34:08  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to, but I'm already starting to burn the candle at both ends. Work's picking up, unpacking all my stuff (hopefully by Sunday so it's easier to do laundry), plus I'm in a PbP over on Shadowrun4 forums AND I've got Mod responsibilities too. Oh, and don't forget that I'm back in the area, so I'm rejoining my old gaming groups for about 2-3 Saturdays a month and I'm ramping up a SR campaign for them...

Geez, I write it all out and I start feeling tired.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2011 :  05:19:02  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

LOL!! Very true. But it was a hella lot of fun while it lasted. :-)

@ Kuje: I'll see what happens in the next few days, and what my midterm and work schedule looks like. I keep picking up two or three hour a week jobs to keep a roof over my head. I hate being a broke college student at my age!

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?

Edited by - Kes_Alanadel on 12 Jan 2011 05:20:22
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2011 :  21:36:57  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, I have two characters and a third being made. Is there anyone else that wants to join?

I know there's two of you who are trying to find the time, and they have room if they want to join.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2011 :  23:31:44  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After my flop of an attempt, I would love to actually play in a game to see how a PbP game is run.

Would you be willing to have me in your game Kuje?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2011 :  01:53:39  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't say no, if you want to try it out. :) It would give us a core group of four people, with maybe 2 others joining if they can/want to.

quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

After my flop of an attempt, I would love to actually play in a game to see how a PbP game is run.

Would you be willing to have me in your game Kuje?

Go to Top of Page

Mystic Lemur
Seeker

58 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2011 :  05:18:16  Show Profile Send Mystic Lemur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Count me interested. If you're full up put my name on the alternate list.

As far as availability I can only commit to check in about once a day.

"What mattered our lives now, when our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring." -A review of the FRCG ;)
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2011 :  08:07:48  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well then, count me in...I'll make a character tomorrow then.

As for availability, wherever I go my Droid is with me...my wife refers to it as "The Husband Digital Leash"...

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2011 :  17:26:04  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds good. :)

quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Well then, count me in...I'll make a character tomorrow then.

As for availability, wherever I go my Droid is with me...my wife refers to it as "The Husband Digital Leash"...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000