Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Trobriand the Metal Mage
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord of Bones
Seeker

United Kingdom
78 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2010 :  18:59:00  Show Profile  Visit Lord of Bones's Homepage Send Lord of Bones a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Could someone provide me with the sources where I may be able to find out more information on Trobriand? Has he had any mention post-Spellplague? Also, does anyone know what his wizard's sigil looks like?

Come watch the Gentleman's Guide to Gaming!
http://www.youtube.com/user/clackclickbang

On my channel I review and dissect role-playing games with great gusto. Please do take a look and let me know what you think.

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2010 :  19:10:18  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ruins of Undermountain II

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2010 :  19:45:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty sure he was also statted out in City of Splendors: Waterdeep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2010 :  20:53:52  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Pretty sure he was also statted out in City of Splendors: Waterdeep.

Page 28 of that 3.5 book, which presents him as a Male Tethyrian human wizard 12/techsmith 5/archmage 1 (CR 18; 2e puts him as an 18th level wizard). We get a few paragraphs of 1370's info on him, but no mention of his sigil, and I haven't heard him referenced post-Spellplague.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2010 :  21:38:35  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These guys have it- the most comprehensive write-up that I can think of is in CoS:W, along with Muiral the Misshapen. I love these two whacky guys!

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2010 :  04:19:05  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've used him as a NPC before. He's pretty awesome.

As for in my published work . . . well, there are plans. That's all I'm saying.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2010 :  04:35:00  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I've used him as a NPC before. He's pretty awesome.

As for in my published work . . . well, there are plans. That's all I'm saying.

Cheers

I guess I will be picking up the Neverwinter Guide when it come out. When will it be released this year?

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2010 :  06:17:31  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

I guess I will be picking up the Neverwinter Guide when it come out. When will it be released this year?

I totally made it sound like the NWCG is going to have Trobriand in it, didn't I?

Nay, nay, good sir, I was referring to OTHER plans--for my future work, about which I've nothing more to say or tease except that I'm very excited about it, and hope you will be as well.

And I don't know of a firm release date, but since the NWCG was announced for Fall of 2011, I have suspected we're looking at a GenCon launch.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

MalariaMoon
Learned Scribe

324 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2010 :  17:01:44  Show Profile  Visit MalariaMoon's Homepage Send MalariaMoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He also features to an extent in Expedition to Undermountain, but I think Ruins of Undermountain II provides better lore, although it's been many a year since I read it.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2010 :  17:58:31  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have me ecited Erik.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000