Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Meeting
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  03:26:51  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The scribes at candlekeep need to get together.

We can plan a meeting for gencon Indianapolis 2004 or, 2005 or, 2006. or all three.

Those that want to, we need to get in touch.

so who wants to

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  03:31:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As a first, I would be willing to make an effort for next year. I have a large number of holidays that I need to take (since I have been delaying them, these past few years) off from work, and the first place I intend to go is GenCon.

So if this idea gains enough momentum...and actually survives until next year...count me in .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  03:32:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is...barring any unforeseen obstacles and/or difficulties....

Edited by - The Sage on 13 Oct 2003 03:32:30
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  03:33:11  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I support this idea 100%.We do need to come together.I know everyone can't make it but we have to start somewhere.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  04:10:40  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, indeed. It certainly would be nice. Unfortunately, I doubt my meger purse could handle the cost of travel (from DC) or lodging, much less both . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  04:12:17  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
start saving

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  04:19:50  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trafaldi

start saving

He he he,What my good friend meant is we will have time for saving since its a year away....
:Kicks Trafaldi in the arse when Bookwyrm leaves:

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  04:29:43  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rubbing his arse through clenched teeth looking at William
What i meant to say Bookwyrm was it would be wonderful of you came.

Seriously Bookwyrm if you start saving you should be able to afford it by this summer it is August 19-22 2004.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  04:38:22  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And speaking seriously, as wonderful as it would be, I'd rather spend the money to visit my girlfriend. I'm worried about her . . . .

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  04:47:20  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand and will stop pestering. but if you can well talk

Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  06:18:28  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love to come and indeed I might well save the money...

It's getting into the US where I get stuck. The VISA control people refuse 9 out of ten applications for VISA, even tourist ones...

Hopefully I will be able to get one though. Any of you have friends from the area, let me know...

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

zhentar reborn
Acolyte

34 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  06:39:40  Show Profile  Visit zhentar reborn's Homepage Send zhentar reborn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will be there.

Think what you've always thought, and you'll be what you've always been.
Go to Top of Page

Vallandar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  08:12:00  Show Profile  Visit Vallandar's Homepage Send Vallandar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I live in the UK. If you move the meeting to Dragonmeet then I may be able to make it...

'The sinews of war, unlimited money'
- Cicero
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  17:16:31  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MuadDib

It's getting into the US where I get stuck. The VISA control people refuse 9 out of ten applications for VISA, even tourist ones...

And coming from your part of the world only makes it more difficult.

Well, I'll see about asking my father. He works in the government, with national security law. He wouldn't be able to 'pull any strings' (and I doubt he'd do it anyway, for good reason), but he might be able to explain a surer way of applying. I don't know, though; he doesn't work in the State Department, which is what handles visas. (He's DoJ.) But I'll ask.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  03:58:09  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vallandar

Sorry, I live in the UK. If you move the meeting to Dragonmeet then I may be able to make it...

Mail yourself a piece at a time.To Trafaldi,I don't want to see no blood and gore.

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  03:59:40  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You could do that.

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  12:51:15  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooo, I'd like to come along too, pretty please. But it'd probably be 2005 or 2006 due to expenses and my work.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  13:54:19  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like I said I plan on going in 2006

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  14:49:02  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

Ooo, I'd like to come along too, pretty please. But it'd probably be 2005 or 2006 due to expenses and my work.

Don't wait to long, I want to meet everyone before I die.At my age you
never know.By 2006 you may have to push me in a wheelchair.Don't let Cult_Leader push me,that crazy idiot would dump me out so he could ride.

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  16:07:25  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its not even 2004 yet everyone try to keep their schedules open for gencon you never know if there is going to be an opening.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2003 :  15:32:14  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, shush, William, you're only twice my age . . .

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  01:34:49  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Oh, shush, William, you're only twice my age . . .

Heh hehe,I love it.(Sings a little song)I'm an old man but not ready to kick the can...Do da,do da....My age is old but I am not..do da,do da.
Thanks anyway Bookwyrm but if I was 300 that makes you how old???
See what Mr.Ben says below about playing and getting old.

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  04:30:33  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Coz some of us live very, very far away it'd be nice if we all pick a year and try to aim for it. (Not next year please) I wouldn't want to miss out on meeting everyone and I don't have that luxury of going every year. Costs me about 2 grand in airfares alone to get to US.

William don't let Cult Leader hog that wheelchair, some of us here want a turn too

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  04:58:26  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A point, William, but not one that I had forgotten.

And Lina, being in a wheelchair ain't all it's cracked up to be. I've been in one a few times. Couldn't wear a pair of shoes for about two months because of a bike accident when I was eleven.

Besides, at a crowded place like a con, not only would you have a harder time maneuvering, but you wouldn't be able to see much. (Being six feet and a third has the advantage of being at a higher altitude than most. )

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  00:28:07  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

Coz some of us live very, very far away it'd be nice if we all pick a year and try to aim for it. (Not next year please) I wouldn't want to miss out on meeting everyone and I don't have that luxury of going every year. Costs me about 2 grand in airfares alone to get to US.

William don't let Cult Leader hog that wheelchair, some of us here want a turn too

*sighs with regret* Lina,I am sorry and understand but I do hope to get to go next year.I will try to come back though.It is drivable for me,though will still not be cheap.What I am saying is we can plan every year and when you come in 2005 or 2006 I will be there if at all
possible and try to see that many others do too.I don't like to make plans that far away but I will.Don't worry about the wheelchair,after I give Cult_Leader a ride in it he will have to change his clothes.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  15:41:55  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

Don't worry about the wheelchair,after I give Cult_Leader a ride in it he will have to change his clothes.

Hmm. Not sure she'd be wanting it after that . . . .

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  23:26:13  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll clean it plus it will have a year to air out.

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  06:39:36  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll can make it! Unless we meet in Paris (which i think is highly unpropable!)
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  02:44:52  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

I'll can make it! Unless we meet in Paris (which i think is highly unpropable!)

If you can't make it next year then what about 2005???? Thats two years and we would like to plan them for every year.

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  11:56:16  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

I'll clean it plus it will have a year to air out.

Make that 2 or 3 years at the most. Plus I'll borrow one of the sanitary sprays the cabin crew uses once I step off the plane.

-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  12:20:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Lina...where in Australia are you exactly?.

I only ask because I am always looking for new players for my home campaigns...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000