Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Your friends in the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jelennet
Learned Scribe

Russia
131 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  08:41:14  Show Profile Send Jelennet a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Which person from the Realms would you like to befriend and why?

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  08:43:36  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Larloch. To KNOW his secrets, if not all, some. Such a powerful archwizard must have led a colorful life.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

HelldoG
Learned Scribe

101 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  09:00:02  Show Profile  Visit HelldoG's Homepage Send HelldoG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elmminster. It's obvious why... For his great looks!

Away with powergaming propaganda! | I <3 Powergaming!

Don't feed the trolls. Especially the clever ones.
Go to Top of Page

Saxmilian
Learned Scribe

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  14:27:53  Show Profile  Visit Saxmilian's Homepage Send Saxmilian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Id want to just hang with Drizzt his insight and moral compass would be a good influence, Drink with Bruenor and Pwent, and just chill with Pikel (i think he'd be a trip) and not just all R.A's who wouldnt want to flirt with Storm and have a "stroll around the realms" with Elminster. Personally, though some of the characters are the coolest and most-detailed, ME? I just want to SEE a dragon in flight, smell the stench of a troll and see if I'm choked up with emotion at the sight of a ancutal unicorn...sigh...such are my dreams! LOL
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  14:49:58  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could see myself and Simbul getting along nicely, if you know what I mean. 900 years of experience... Dmn, im sure she knows some moves. And just to make you happy might cast enlarge on special areas!!!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  16:16:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love to hang out with Danilo.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  16:17:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I would love to hang out with Danilo.

Ditto! I know he'd just love my compositions.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  16:21:29  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drizzt.

If I, a human from the RW, appeared in the Realms I would need a LOT of protection, having almost no skills pertinent to survival there.

And we all know Drizzt can kill anything, including 10,000 Orcs.

His Emo personality would eventually drive me nuts, but hopefully I will have developed my own skill-set by the time I got sick of him (although I think it would be a matter of days, not years, but you do what you have to do to survive).

Hopefully that wouldn't mean I'd be stuck with his awful companions as well.

If it was just temporary and just for a night or two of fun, then I'd say the Knights of Myth Drannor.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 10 Oct 2010 16:22:24
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  17:16:25  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Possibly Drizzt Do'Urden, but more likely either Bruenor Battlehammer, King Harbromm, King Emerus Warcrown, or King Mith Barak. Maybe one of the heroic Chosen of Mystra, in a pinch.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766

Edited by - Galuf the Dwarf on 10 Oct 2010 17:17:10
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  18:14:00  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A woman working in the temple to Sune or Sharess

.....no seriously.
Go to Top of Page

Tren of Twilight Tower
Seeker

51 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  18:58:56  Show Profile  Visit Tren of Twilight Tower's Homepage Send Tren of Twilight Tower a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, let's see, from the top of my head and from books that are at hand:

1. Elminster, because he is a fountain of knowledge.
2. Araevin Teshurr, because we have a common trait.
3. Ususi Manaallin, because of her knowledge on High and Deep Imascar.
4/5. Arvin and Shadowbane, because each in his own right is anti-hero.

Tren
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  21:16:22  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

.....no seriously.

you really want to be in the friend-zone?
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  23:55:07  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Storm. nuff said.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  01:10:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tren of Twilight Tower

3. Ususi Manaallin, because of her knowledge on High and Deep Imascar.
Oooh! I forgot about Ususi. Good choice. Though I'd prefer to pick her brain before her rise as ruler of High Imaskar in 4e. Especially around the time of her exploration of Imaskari ruins during the events of Darkvision. I'd love the opportunity to help her understand the Celestial Nadir.

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  01:36:16  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, this is easy. Laeral Silverhand. If she looks like she does in the Heroes Lorebook and is as sweet as I hear, I'd love to be her friend! And if it turned out to be more than that later after Khelben passed away, well... I wouldn't complain.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  02:58:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

Oh, this is easy. Laeral Silverhand. If she looks like she does in the Heroes Lorebook and is as sweet as I hear, I'd love to be her friend! And if it turned out to be more than that later after Khelben passed away, well... I wouldn't complain.

Good call!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  02:59:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want to be friends with Kyriani, too. Though she's prolly got more "friends" than I'd be entirely comfortable with...

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  03:02:02  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

Good call!

Thank you, Wolly. I'm glad you approve!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  03:26:08  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to be "friends" with Drizzt. Okay, so I like my men like my coffee.... Dark and hot. But I figure I could get him over Cat, and maybe teach him how to have a little fun, too. Aside from him, maybe Quilue or Storm, or Dove- and Elminster, of course!! He's like the fun granddad I never had!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  03:52:54  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fox at Twilight anyone?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  04:06:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

Fox at Twilight anyone?

We're already good friends. At least in my Realms!

Go to Top of Page

Jelennet
Learned Scribe

Russia
131 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  05:36:54  Show Profile Send Jelennet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For me it's hard to anwser... Hard to choose... I wanted to befriend almost everyone I read about, but not very evil characters, because I'm not very evil myself. Let' see... Drizzt, Elminster, Seven Sisters, Danilo, Jarlaxle, Cattie-Brie, Arylin, Liriel, Fyodor and many, many others.
And also many people from Baldur's gate games and mods.

Edited by - Jelennet on 11 Oct 2010 05:52:19
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  05:50:10  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I could truly choose to be IN the Realms and have a friend, it would have to be King Azoun of Cormyr.

Not only, if he were my friend, could he help me out...I could help him out too! He could Knight me, I could give him knowledge even Vangie couldn't relate...

If I'm going to have friends...have friends in high places! He could put me in touch with wizardly tutors, perhaps give me my own fief, and we could slum it in the bars too!

Azoun all the way...

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Acolyte Thirteen
Seeker

93 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  06:11:50  Show Profile  Visit Acolyte Thirteen's Homepage Send Acolyte Thirteen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, if I could befriend anyone in the 'Realms? Hmmm... I think I would go with Srinshee! She knows all the amazing spells! Talk about a great tutor! But don't ask me to raise a mythal!

I like living!!
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  10:00:18  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a halfling named Blinky who owes me a lot of money. I'd only need a few minutes.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
729 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  10:25:52  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<- Sir Kijani Saffron. Quite a few lasses and ladies in Neverwinter (and elsewhere) 'dig' him, and he's 'dug' most of them in return...

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  14:36:58  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quale

quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

.....no seriously.

you really want to be in the friend-zone?

If by "friend-zone" you mean covey of women trained in the arts of hedonism, seduction, and sensual fullfillment then yes, yes I would.

On a serious note, I'd probably like to hang out with Drizzt, if even to learn some fancy sword-play and to go on some of his crazy adventures. I'd also like to drink some with Mirt and have some noon-tea with Alustriel (if she does that sorta thing) and go bar-hopping with Danilo.
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  16:50:10  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to drink mead with Azoun V, have Elminster toss me a grand tour of the realms, being toured on Evermeet by Amlaruil Moonflower.. and dance with Alustriel.
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  19:39:22  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lhaeo

z455t
Go to Top of Page

_Jarlaxle_
Senior Scribe

Germany
584 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  21:52:44  Show Profile Send _Jarlaxle_ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

If I, a human from the RW, appeared in the Realms I would need a LOT of protection, having almost no skills pertinent to survival there.

If gods don't count I would like to have the second mightiest beeing the Sojourner as my friend. He can make normal slaads to death slaads without a problem so imagine what power he can give me if he likes me?
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2010 :  01:27:48  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Old Elminster might be cantankerous and annoying, but he'd also be your only ticket back home (to Earth) ... of course he'd probably port you into the middle of Ed Greenwood's basement, which would be kinda creepy.

Nobody would want to be friends with their own characters?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000