Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 FR print rpg products return in 2011?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ggroy
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2010 :  23:48:06  Show Profile  Visit ggroy's Homepage Send ggroy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Wonder if this is for real.

http://twitpic.com/2c7mzs

The slide looks like it says

"Forgotten Realms

Print RPG Products Return in 2011 !"

ggroy
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2010 :  23:49:58  Show Profile  Visit ggroy's Homepage Send ggroy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On James Wyatt's twitter account

http://twitter.com/aquelajames

"Did I just crash ENWorld and RPG.net by mentioning the return of print FR products in 2011?! Wait until tomorrow's news hits..."
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2010 :  03:34:08  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2010 :  08:40:14  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is indeed so. More info to follow after tommorow's seminars...
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2010 :  10:32:51  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome news!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2010 :  13:44:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The funny thing is, I used to include a separate section on my monthly budgets to allow for expenditure on new FR products. And even after the introduction of the post-Spellplague Realms and the "no-more-printed-sourcebooks" philosophy, I've still kept that side-amount in each and every budget since August 2008.

Kinda glad I did, now.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 07 Aug 2010 13:44:57
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2010 :  19:50:59  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Three words, in the thirty seconds I have to spare at the moment:

Neverwinter Campaign Setting
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2010 :  21:22:20  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

Three words, in the thirty seconds I have to spare at the moment:

Neverwinter Campaign Setting

Intriguing, but that is still such a tease. We crave details, information.

Here's hoping it turns out like CoS: Waterdeep in format.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2010 :  00:13:32  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I think it'll be awesome, but then again, I'm biased--being one of the authors, you know.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2010 :  02:03:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Well, I think it'll be awesome, but then again, I'm biased--being one of the authors, you know.

Cheers

Can you tell us anything of it?

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2010 :  02:15:17  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speach, speach...SPEACH!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2010 :  02:41:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Cheers

Can you tell us anything of it?

Or, maybe, just why Neverwinter was specifically chosen for such treatment?

Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2010 :  10:07:15  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a great news, I hope it will go into detailing the environs, always wanted to know more about the surrounding woods and volcanoes.
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2010 :  15:08:16  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good news. Hoping for fresh information...
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2010 :  17:00:40  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's still too far off to say much about it, only that it will be a fun, compelling, and fully-realized campaign tool. I think it combines the best aspects of FR sourcebooks and adventure guides . . . and it has acres and acres of story.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2010 :  17:01:44  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh and it includes the bladesinger.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2010 :  19:52:50  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Name recognition from Neverwinter Nights?
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2010 :  20:01:39  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THanks ERik!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  01:52:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauramarth

quote:

I'm not so sure. The brief tidbits Erik posted about the book in the "Gen Con 2010" scroll would seem to suggest that this new source will stand on its own.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  05:18:19  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check this out.
Atari is up to something...
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  12:26:03  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Check this out.
Atari is up to something...

The writer made a good point. There is no 3 in any of those titles. I take it the lawsuit filed by Hasbro back in December is resolved.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  12:28:15  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Erik,

Is the new Neverwinter product a box set or a box? I have read conflicting reports. (I'm leaning towards a box set!)

Thanks for being gracious enough when it comes to responding to our inquires.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  14:55:58  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Thauramarth

quote:

I'm not so sure. The brief tidbits Erik posted about the book in the "Gen Con 2010" scroll would seem to suggest that this new source will stand on its own.

I believe that; I was just thinking that the use of the name might be a handy marketing tool - a product with "Neverwinter" on it might draw the attention of those familiar with "Neverwinter Nights", even though the contents are completely separate; see also: "Draconomicon" (2E, 3E, 4E), "Drow of the Underdark" (2E, 3E).
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  15:12:43  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

Hey Erik,

Is the new Neverwinter product a box set or a box? I have read conflicting reports. (I'm leaning towards a box set!)

As far as I'm aware, it's a single, hard-bound book.

I have worked on a box set--the Shadowfell: Gloomwrought and Beyond product--but I'm pretty sure the NCS is a single book.

And you're quite welcome. Can't tell you as much as I'd like, but I'll gladly say what I can.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  18:00:13  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

Hey Erik,

As far as I'm aware, it's a single, hard-bound book.

I have worked on a box set--the Shadowfell: Gloomwrought and Beyond product--but I'm pretty sure the NCS is a single book.

And you're quite welcome. Can't tell you as much as I'd like, but I'll gladly say what I can.

Cheers

Well then...after looking over a blurry photo of a Dracolich I was able to make out Matt James, your name, and...I couldn't read the last one at all. Who is the third author? Who did the artwork? How much did you contribute to the book? Finally, were you able to use old notes by Ed?

And this is more of a request, can you ping WotC about doing a short story set in Neverwinter for DDI?

So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  19:04:51  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed mentioned some NDA covering what happened to Finder Wyvernspur... I wonder if this is connected. Perhaps Finder and other deities/former deities will be mentioned?

I just hope Finder is alive...

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!

Edited by - Foxhelm on 10 Aug 2010 19:05:25
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  21:01:47  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Authors are actually Matthew Sernett, myself, and Ari Marmell. I don't know who did the artwork.

I wrote about a third of the book, but beyond that, I can't comment on its contents, or on whether or not there will be DDI support.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  21:21:57  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
is it pre-spellplague time era?

((sorry, the gremlins made me ask even though i told them the answer))

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  22:45:18  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh and it includes the bladesinger.

Cheers

Erik, is this going to be an Essentials or "Core 4E" product? And how does the bladesinger differ from the swordmage; I was under the impression (I think it was Rich Baker who said it?) that the latter encompassed all/most bladesingers? Or is it going to be a paragon path?

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  23:33:25  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is in keeping with the modern 4e FR, so it's post Spellplague, though it may well contain some snippets of lore from before.

Asgetrion, that's a false dichotomy. "Essentials" is just another option for 4e play. As I understand it (and I have seen some of it), it's not a new system at all--just an expansion.

And I can't comment on the actual content. You'll just have to wait and see!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2010 :  00:02:14  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, we're going to need mind probes on Erik. So who had them last?

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000