Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Dream Sequence Ambient Sounds (Solved)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2010 :  18:40:57  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
does anyone know the file names of the ambient sounds used during the dream sequences for BG2? there are so many ambient sounds it would take forever to listen to each one. is there a master list someplace saying what each ambient sound is used for?

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage

Edited by - Dracandos the Spellsage on 18 May 2010 16:01:12

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2010 :  20:58:19  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dracandos, thatīs quite tricky what you want to do. As far as I know the music -and worse in the case of ambient sounds- is cut in really small pieces in order to cut it off fast if a game situation changes.

If you take a look at gamer forums where the hardcore BG2 fans are active, you will find information on how to extract music (many titles are availabe for download in the web too). However I have not seen anything on ambient sounds.

Nevertheless I am sure that if there is some information to be found, then it is on the game forums.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2010 :  00:51:21  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you can access all the sounds used in the game using near infinity. under the 'wav' section. ambient sound effects all start with the prefix "AM". for example "AM600" or something. they are all right there, i just dont know which one(s) are used in the dream sequences (or how to go about finding out). i posted on another forum too so we'll see. thanks

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2010 :  16:03:49  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
for anyone thats curious, heres the solution: find out the area the dream uses. for example, the first dream in Candlekeep is AR0011. open up that area in DLTCEP and click on the "ambient" tab, and it will give you a list of all the area ambient sounds as well as any other sound effects that are played over the ambient (like the whispers for example) then you can export those wav files using DLTCEP and there ya go

Edited by - Dracandos the Spellsage on 18 May 2010 16:04:43
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000