Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Campaign for Candlekeep?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2003 :  22:32:31  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
If I were to DM (unless someone else already is planning to do this) a Campaign on this site via post to post... would anyone be interested in joining?

"Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." - Krandor, Master Smith

Edited by - Krandor on 24 Aug 2003 03:56:07

Malanthius
Learned Scribe

144 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2003 :  00:23:38  Show Profile  Visit Malanthius's Homepage Send Malanthius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, considering the cobwebs forming around my other pbmb, and the lack of time table altogether of my rl campaign, er, let me think here...
I'm up for just about anything.

Mal.

"Oh, Do stop whining, It's not the End of the World. It's just the end of Your's."
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2003 :  06:19:26  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's been discussed before. I believe that Alaundo and Tethtoril are pondering it over. Still. ()

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2003 :  09:40:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Krandor, if you are still interested, work is still progressing (slowly) on my PbeM game that will soon be running. The Bookwyrm is just one of several scribes here at Candlekeep who will be playing in the campaign which has a Realms/Planescape theme.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2003 :  09:43:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The one main delay is that I am waiting for some material to be released for PS3e which is crucial to the storyline I am planning to run.

If it seems like the delay will exceed the end of the month I may just go ahead and use the rough draft of the material I was going to use in the first place.

Go to Top of Page

Malanthius
Learned Scribe

144 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2003 :  14:37:01  Show Profile  Visit Malanthius's Homepage Send Malanthius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't there already an online planscape reference for 3E?

Mal.

"Oh, Do stop whining, It's not the End of the World. It's just the end of Your's."
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2003 :  16:05:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The site reference is online, but important parts of the 3e information are still only being released in preview format. The actual campaign setting is due for release very soon.

Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2003 :  22:37:51  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright, I will wait till you get start yours.

"Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." - Krandor, Master Smith
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2003 :  04:55:30  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be keen to join as well,

very keen

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2003 :  05:11:10  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krandor

Alright, I will wait till you get start yours.

If you were thinking otherwise, the game's not a PbF, it's a PbeM. Unless Sage hasn't told me something . . . ? :P

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2003 :  12:33:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I mentioned it was a PbeM in one of my previous posts...

Anyway, if you are all still interested (excluding the Bookwyrm of course), I'll take a note of your names and send you all (the Bookwyrm included), a nice little introduction I have been working on.

Go to Top of Page

Malanthius
Learned Scribe

144 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2003 :  13:59:31  Show Profile  Visit Malanthius's Homepage Send Malanthius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Definately still interested. :)

Mal.

Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2003 :  18:58:34  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interested indeed. PbeM stand for...?

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2003 :  19:05:01  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krandor

Interested indeed. PbeM stand for...?

Play-by-eMail..... originates (in more ways than one) from the old PBM (Play-by-Mail)......oh the wonders on modern technology

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2003 :  01:23:28  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm of course interested, as I'm sure you know, Sage. I certainly sent enough emails to you wondering the whats and whens of it. I'm just having a spot of trouble trying to deal with my character's history. I could tell you how he'd react to almost any given situation, but I can't really say where he comes from (that is, besides Calimshan).

I thought of doing a "his past is shrouded in mystery" thing, but that was only an idle thought. I hate that sort of cop out unless it's actually important to the story. (And in this case, it isn't; he certainly isn't going to talk about his past with total strangers, but it would be nice if his player knew more about him, no?)

Say, anyone know of any good Calimshan sites around here? It would be nice to know a bit more of the country where this guy comes from. Or maybe I should scrap it and start over . . . .

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2003 :  16:35:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right...thanks for reminding me Bookwyrm . I did intend to send you some information on Calimshan and the particulars of it's culture, but as it happened, holidays came first .

I'll see to the write up after the movie...

Go to Top of Page

Vallandar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2003 :  23:04:07  Show Profile  Visit Vallandar's Homepage Send Vallandar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be happy to join a Forgotten Realms campaign, but I am more familiar with 2nd edition than 3rd edition rules.

'The sinews of war, unlimited money'
- Cicero
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2003 :  04:37:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vallandar, a friend of mine in the UK has just started (this week) a FR 2e PbeM based around the Shaar. The group is still looking for a few more players.

If you are interested I will get the details and send you his email so that you can talk to him about the campaign.

Edited by - The Sage on 30 Aug 2003 04:38:21
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2003 :  05:53:56  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now how's that for timing, folks?

Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2003 :  19:50:46  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

Vallandar, a friend of mine in the UK has just started (this week) a FR 2e PbeM based around the Shaar. The group is still looking for a few more players.

If you are interested I will get the details and send you his email so that you can talk to him about the campaign.

Sign me up!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2003 :  06:31:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I'll send you the email too.

I was thinking about joining myself, but free-time is rarely a luxury I can enjoy these days...

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2003 :  20:53:24  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I've noticed, Sage.

(Not that I don't completely understand. With the new semester starting in two days, I expect I'll be coming under a lot of >< pressure soon, myself.)

Go to Top of Page

Vallandar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2003 :  22:09:43  Show Profile  Visit Vallandar's Homepage Send Vallandar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will edit my user account so that you can e-mail me today. would you please e-mail me with his e-mial address?

By the way, I don't actually have the FR campaign setting books yet [I'm looking in e-bay for them], will this be a problem?

'The sinews of war, unlimited money'
- Cicero
Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2003 :  22:20:54  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vallandar

I will edit my user account so that you can e-mail me today. would you please e-mail me with his e-mial address?

By the way, I don't actually have the FR campaign setting books yet [I'm looking in e-bay for them], will this be a problem?

Ok

Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2003 :  14:31:38  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually if you dont mind sage I would like to join into that as well. But I want to go in with a blind perspective, I lack alot of knowledge about the lore of FR and know only tid bits. As In I just want to play a brute lol. Its either that or a fighter bow man, and move him up in to the said sniper class, Which is fun ( it can be found in AEG's war book). The only other thing that I lack having played thus far that I have always wished to try is the elven version of the Teiflings. The actual half demon ones. Yes they are a bit over powered but I only want to try a 1/4th demon verson. As in much weaker then the half. All I really need is the Alternate form, Enervasion, and dimensional Door, Dont need the other stuff.

Since the other stuff is life fire resist 10, dmg reduction 10/+1 and such, I dont need them. They are to strong for my likes lol.

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me

Edited by - Cult_Leader on 09 Sep 2003 14:34:28
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2003 :  07:31:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's great to hear. I'll be sending some details out (about the campaign) shortly, by ethereal mail. Of course, I need some spare time for that, and at present, I have very little.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  18:19:37  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. Well, Sage was wanting to do some planar stuff. Maybe you could play a character from some other world, rather than the one described in the Forgotten Realms. In fact, my 'special' () character would be something like that as well.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  05:30:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually I was thinking about whether to include races from other worlds in this campaign. Since it will be heavily planar based, and most(?) worlds have some form of access to the planes (regardless of cosmological make-up), I guess it would be appropriate.

However, if anyone wishes to use a race from the Ravenloft setting, contact me by ethereal mail. Since Ravenloft is by nature a sealed demi-plane, some special circumstances will be needed in order to transport a PC from there.

Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  06:08:41  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth
Anyway, if you are all still interested (excluding the Bookwyrm of course), I'll take a note of your names and send you all (the Bookwyrm included), a nice little introduction I have been working on.

I don't have time to play, but I would like to read the introduction.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2003 :  06:48:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then I shall have a copy sent to you. Please be aware however that although I originally wrote the material, the changes and corrections were not my own.

Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2003 :  01:49:11  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be more than willing to join (if you need anyone else in the adventure). What edition are we playing?

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000