Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Pathfinder rules updating the Realms.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2009 :  02:25:17  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So anyway, just wondering if it would be ok to post FR stuff for pathfinder up? hopefully when the books come out i can get some extra cash and get those going, and ill try to make some updates for FR.

But i would encourage anyone else to set them up here if they want :).

Its simple really, Your an idiot and I'm simply a figment of your imagination

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2009 :  02:32:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course.

We've already had some discussions based around converting PATHFINDER stuff to the Realms, or vice-versa. Feel free to explore your ideas here.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2009 :  02:39:04  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm (hopefully) going to receive an early version of the Pathfinder RPG next week since I'm running some scenarios at GenCon. I'm going to work on some stuff and will try to post it around the release date (August 13th).

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2009 :  03:29:53  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool, ive been looking through the monsters and classes, hopefully i can get some time to convert some of the nonstandard classes and some other stuff.

Love to do rewrites on some NPC's, and check out some other stuff :)

Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2009 :  03:34:38  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be working on the Players Guide to Faerún PRC's, at the very least. Apparently Paizo are going to be putting out a nice conversion document soon, which should make the job go even faster.
Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2009 :  05:00:23  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good news, good news indeed

Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2009 :  17:38:55  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright first thing i tried was something simple, Tried going after races, mainly my favorite: the Planetouched. I tried to set these up like the races we are given in the Beta test, hopefully their at least decent (fluff later) any suggestions that would put these inline better with pathfinder let me know.

By the way, for the genasi i couldn't think of multiple classes if you can let me know.

Aasimar racial traits
+2 to wisdom, +2 to Charisma: Aasimar are blessed with a keen insight and powerful personalities.
Medium: Aasimar are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Native Outsider: Aasimar are treated as outsiders for the purposes of spells and effects, though they cannot be affected by spells such as Banish; though any abilities that effect outsiders (such as Bane Outsider) affect Aasimar as well.
Normal Speed: Aasimar have a base speed of 30 feet.
Darkvision 60 feet: Aasimar can see in the dark up to 60 feet
Keen Senses: Aasimar receive +2 bonus on sight and sound based Perception checks.
Celestial resistances: Aasimar have an Acid, Cold, and Electricity resistance of 5.
Celestial Magic: Aasimar can cast the following spell-like abilities: 1/day–Light. The caster level for these effects is equal to the Aasimars level. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + the spells level + the Aasimars Charisma modifier.
Languages: Aasimars begin play speaking Common and Celestial. Aasimar with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Favored Class: The favored class of Aasimar is the Cleric or Paladin. This choice must be made at 1st level.

Tiefling racial traits
+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Tieflings are gifted with heightened Reflexes and a sinister cunning, however, their demonic aura disturbs even the most hearty of individuals whom they interact with.
Medium: Tieflings are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Native Outsider: Tieflings are treated as outsiders for the purposes of spells and effects, though they cannot be affected by spells such as Banish; though any abilities that effect outsiders (such as Bane Outsider) affect Tieflings as well.
Normal Speed: Tieflings have a base speed of 30 feet.
Darkvision 60 feet: Tieflings can see in the dark up to 60 feet
Crafty: Tieflings receive a +2 racial bonus to both Bluff and Stealth checks
Fiendish Resistance: Tieflings have a Cold, fire, and electricity resistance of 5
Fiendish Magic: Tieflings can cast the following spell-like abilities: 1/day–Darkness. The caster level for these effects is equal to the Tieflings level. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + the spells level + the Tieflings Charisma modifier.
Languages: Tieflings begin play speaking Common and either Infernal or Abyssal. Tieflings with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Favored Class: The favored class of Tieflings is the Rogue or Sorcerer. This choice must be made at 1st level.

Air Genasi racial traits

+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom: Air Genasi are nimble of body and sharp of wit, but like their element are flighty and easily distracted.
Medium: Air Genasi are medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Outsider: Air Genasi are considered Native Outsiders
Normal Speed: Air Genasi have a base speed of 30 feet
Darkvision 60 feet: Air Genasi can see in the dark up to 60 feet
Aloof: Air Genasi receive a -2 penalty to Charisma-based skill checks when dealing with non-outsiders.
Elemental Heritage: Air Genasi gain +1 to all saving throws versus all Air spells and abilities. This ability improves by +1 for every 5 levels after the first.
Elemental Magic: Air Genasi receive a +1 racial bonus to caster level to all spells with the Air descriptor. In addition Air Genasi gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day – Levitate. The caster level of these effects is equal to the Air genasi’s level.
Breathless: Air Genasi do not need to breath and are unaffected by drowning and suffocation as well as any spells based on a creature’s ability to breathe.
Languages: Air Genasi begin play speaking Common and Auren. Air genasi with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Favored Class: The favored class of Air Genasi is the Fighter. This choice must be made at 1st level.

Earth Genasi
+2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom: Earth genasi are strong and tough as the earth, however, they can be slow to act and oblivious to the world.
Medium: Earth Genasi are medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Outsider: Earth Genasi are considered Native Outsiders
Normal Speed: Earth Genasi have a base speed of 30 feet
Darkvision 60 feet: Earth Genasi can see in the dark up to 60 feet
Aloof: Earth Genasi receive a -2 penalty to Charisma-based skill checks when dealing with non-outsiders.
Elemental Heritage: Earth Genasi gain +1 to all saving throws versus all Earth spells and abilities. This ability improves by +1 for every 5 levels after the first.
Elemental Magic: Earth Genasi receive a +1 racial bonus to caster level to all spells with the Earth descriptor. In addition Earth Genasi gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day – Pass without trace. The caster level of these effects is equal to the Earth genasi’s level.
Languages: Earth Genasi begin play speaking Common and Terran. Earth genasi with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Favored Class: The favored class of Earth Genasi is the Fighter. This choice must be made at 1st level.

Fire Genasi Racial Traits
+2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Fire genasi have bright minds, but are Impatient and quick to rash actions and anger.
Medium: Fire Genasi are medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Outsider: Fire Genasi are considered Native Outsiders
Normal Speed: Fire Genasi have a base speed of 30 feet
Darkvision 60 feet: Fire Genasi can see in the dark up to 60 feet
Elemental Heritage: Fire Genasi gain +1 to all saving throws versus all fire spells and abilities. This ability improves by +1 for every 5 levels after the first.
Elemental Magic: Fire Genasi receive a +1 racial bonus to caster level to all spells with the Fire descriptor. In addition Fire Genasi gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day – Control Flame. The caster level of these effects is equal to the water genasi’s level.
Languages: Fire Genasi begin play speaking Common and Ignan. Fire genasi with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Favored Class: The favored class of Fire Genasi is the Fighter. This choice must be made at 1st level.

Water Genasi
+2 Constitution, -2 Charisma: Water genasi have a high endurance, but appear cold and callus to most races.
Medium: Water Genasi are medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Outsider: Water Genasi are considered Native Outsiders
Normal Speed: Water Genasi have a base speed of 30 feet. Water genasi have a base swim speed of 30 feet
Darkvision 60 feet: Water Genasi can see in the dark up to 60 feet
Elemental Heritage: Water Genasi gain +1 to all saving throws versus all Water spells and abilities. This ability improves by +1 for every 5 levels after the first.
Elemental Magic: Water Genasi receive a +1 racial bonus to caster level to all spells with the Water descriptor. In addition Water Genasi gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day – Create water. The caster level of these effects is equal to the Water genasi’s level.
Water Breathing: Water genasi breath in water just as well as they do on land.
Languages: Water Genasi begin play speaking Common and Aquan. Water genasi with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Favored Class: The favored class of Water Genasi is the Fighter. This choice must be made at 1st level.

Edited by - Randal_Dundragon on 02 Aug 2009 00:45:56
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2009 :  18:37:34  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Regarding the Aasimar and Tiefling (along with other 'monster' races), they will be detailed in the Pathfinder Bestiary due in October. The Genasi look pretty good though!

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2009 :  19:36:16  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! :) good to hear that Paizo will include them in the official capacity, Mainly because i like using and playing them (dont know why per se i just do). Do you know if theyll put info for using them as playable characters?

(Real quick, umm you wouldnt happen to have a suggestion for what favored classes i should give the Genasi would you?)

One more thing i didnt put the LA for them mainly because im finding it hard, having reviewed what they have done for the races to give the Aasimar and Tiefling an LA and im not 100% sure for the Genasi.

Think ill tackle monsters or PRC classes next, That way i can start getting a feel for everything.

Edited by - Randal_Dundragon on 30 Jul 2009 19:47:22
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2009 :  20:11:48  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure the Bestiary will have sections for creatures to use as player characters like the Monster Manual did.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2009 :  20:52:07  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ya know trying to update things is always fun, plus it helps in understanding the system. And yeah yer probably, doesn't stop me from experimenting though :)

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2009 :  21:21:48  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have the perfect method to understanding a system and getting an intimate knowledge of the rules: Make a Character Generator/Builder. Trust me, when you're done, you'll understand everything.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2009 :  21:37:15  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol ill have to try that :) should be interesting

Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2009 :  04:16:58  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know at some point pathfinder will produce elemental-touched races but it won't be for awhile so...... nice work on the genasi

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2009 :  05:09:35  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randal_Dundragon

Water Genasi
+2 Constitution, -2 Charisma: Water genasi have a high endurance, but appear cold and callus to most races.
Medium: Water Genasi are medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Outsider: Water Genasi are considered Native Outsiders
Normal Speed: Water Genasi have a base speed of 30 feet. Water genasi have a base swim speed of 30 feet
Darkvision 60 feet: Water Genasi can see in the dark up to 60 feet
Elemental Heritage: Water Genasi gain +1 to all saving throws versus all Water spells and abilities. This ability improves by +1 for every 5 levels after the first.
Elemental Magic: Water Genasi receive a +1 racial bonus to caster level to all spells with the Water descriptor. In addition Water Genasi gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day – Create water. The caster level of these effects is equal to the Water genasi’s level.
Water Breathing: Water genasi breath in water just as well as they do on land.
Languages: Water Genasi begin play speaking Common and Aquan. Water genasi with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Favored Class: The favored class of Water Genasi is the Fighter. This choice must be made at 1st level.

I've never been all that enamoured with the concept of water genasi. But I really do like this set-up. It's definitely going in my "Eberron DM's Notebook."

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2009 :  12:12:18  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wouldn't it be best for, you know, the rules to actually be released before you start converting stuff over? The final rules are being released on August 13th, after all.

Edited by - Uzzy on 01 Aug 2009 12:13:42
Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2009 :  15:50:32  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeeeeeaaaah... lol probably! but until then i still have the beta so i can use that an update when i need to :) least thats my thinking.

Go to Top of Page

Herkles
Seeker

82 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2009 :  16:30:52  Show Profile  Visit Herkles's Homepage Send Herkles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One thing that I like that Pathfinder introduced is the concept of traits, little background things that can be taken at first level. I wonder if anyone can create some for some of the regions in the realms.

here is the free download in case anyone is wondering about traits. http://paizo.com/download/pathfinder/CharacterTraits.zip
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2009 :  18:01:51  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the traits too. I'd probably tweak the Regional feats from PGtF into traits...

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2009 :  23:30:59  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randal_Dundragon

Yeeeeeaaaah... lol probably! but until then i still have the beta so i can use that an update when i need to :) least thats my thinking.

I'm currently just copying all the PrC's from the Players Guide into a text document, so I can update them uber quick on August 13th. Maybe a distribution of labour would be best?
Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 :  00:37:05  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a plan to me, some of the races ive been adjusting and it gets interesting. Like the dwarven ones, because having a little free reign im trying to set them up so they actually match the way their written. Plus alot of the elves have -2 Int which is odd but with the new pathfinder Elves actually get a bonus so...

Anyway, yeah sounds like a good plan, if you have any other ideas let me know.

Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 :  00:43:09  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Think im going to post the races one at a time, since im updating them id like to write them so they match what their supposed to be, if that makes any sense. so ill post what i have and see if anyone has any ideas.

Ill start them just like they are in the ROF. Which means dwarves get to go first :).

Go to Top of Page

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 :  08:13:59  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright guess ill actually start putting stuff up for the conversion's.

Anyway since im starting with the Dwarves figure ill go with something easy: Gold Dwarves, Mainly because i feel the standard dwarves work well for the shield Dwarves.

Ill Update this post with stats in a little while.

Go to Top of Page

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2009 :  06:38:54  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very cool!

There are several updated versions of the marshal here.

Mod edit: Cast shrinky link

"Nobody listens to the Ranger!"

Our groups are all sticking with 3.X classic Realms.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 04 Aug 2009 06:57:14
Go to Top of Page

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  07:45:39  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bitter thorn

Very cool!

Thanks mod!

Can some one clue me in about how to input the link and text?

It looks like you have to insert = and put the site in quotes. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  08:14:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Very cool!

Thanks mod!

Thanks!

You can use this function:- [URL=*address*]link-name-here[/URL]. Just replace both * with " and you'll have your shortened link.

Go to Top of Page

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  08:17:04  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:

Very cool!

Thanks mod!

Thanks!

You can use this function:- [URL=*address*]link-name-here[/URL]. Just replace both * with " and you'll have your shortened link.

Thanks!

I don't know why this has eluded me on this site. In spite of my digital illiteracy I've been able to figure it out on most other sites I frequent.

Edited by - bitter thorn on 05 Aug 2009 20:54:43
Go to Top of Page

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  08:22:26  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
test

It's sad how easy this is.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  08:24:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye. Some variations of forum software allow for alternate modes of the standard URL link. For example, some types compensate for the absence of the " function in the shortened URL form.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  14:27:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And, for everyone's reference, most of the coding usable on this forum is explained here: Forum FAQ.

Me, I didn't find that FAQ until I'd figured out how to do everything by seeing how other people did it.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  14:35:03  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

And, for everyone's reference, most of the coding usable on this forum is explained here: Forum FAQ.

Me, I didn't find that FAQ until I'd figured out how to do everything by seeing how other people did it.

It's because of the first rule of the Forum FAQ:

You don't tell ANYONE about the Forum FAQ

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000