Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 FR Interactive Atlas CD on Ebay
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jimbobx
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2009 :  20:54:37  Show Profile Send Jimbobx a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met Scribes,

Having a bit of a purge. Credit crunch and that. First to go is the only piece of my collection thats worth more than a fiver. My Interactive atlas.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220448444080

Cheers,

Jimbob

Rilyetan's Retreat

Jimbob's Waterdeep Journal

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2009 :  22:54:38  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While a good price for it, not something I can afford right now.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2009 :  23:22:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a good price now, but it won't stay that way.

I'm so lucky I got mine when I did -- half-price, directly from TSR.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Auzoros
Seeker

Australia
97 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2009 :  08:55:53  Show Profile Send Auzoros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just got mine today in the mail! I bought it off eBay from USA. Registering the product fails though I guess the web page at WotC is no longer available for this product.

Which leads me to ask...does anyone know how I can get my copy updated?
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2009 :  12:17:29  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hmmm, that's an interesting question. I am not sure it is possible unless some dedicated FR fan is hosting the updates on a server somewhere. I will try to look around when I get some time.
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2009 :  13:29:06  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Send me a PM with your email address. I should still have the update files on my PC.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2009 :  15:03:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's not necessary to register the software to be able to update it; as has been pointed out, the registration page is no longer active (and hasn't been active for a long time).

The updates are still available from WotC. You can get them from the Dungeon & Dragons Electronic Games Patches and Updates page.

Go to Top of Page

Auzoros
Seeker

Australia
97 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2009 :  17:53:04  Show Profile Send Auzoros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Matt, Ashe and Wooly thank you! I'll give the WotC downloads a shot first. Failing that I'll contact you Ashe. Cheers guys

Edited by - Auzoros on 08 Jul 2009 17:54:18
Go to Top of Page

Auzoros
Seeker

Australia
97 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2009 :  13:55:35  Show Profile Send Auzoros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No probs with downloading updates from the web page...but when asked to place disk into D drive it's not recognised. The disk is not detected! *sigh* another exercise in patience.
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2009 :  14:04:36  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With the Atlas, I had copied the entire CD into a local folder on the hard drive, then installed from there. It works pretty well for me and I don't need to have the CD in the drive to use it.

Ahh... the old days *before* they implemented code to check the drive. [old man icon]

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2009 :  15:27:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark o Bello

No probs with downloading updates from the web page...but when asked to place disk into D drive it's not recognised. The disk is not detected! *sigh* another exercise in patience.

Is your CD drive in fact the D: drive? When the software came out, A:, C:, and D: were the only drives most computers had; it therefore checks that drive by default (it's the same with the Dragon Archive software). Now it's not at all uncommon for there to be more drives, which juggles around those designations. On my computer, which I built myself, the DVD drives are V: and W: (I also have two hard drives in it, and both of them have at least one partition, so there's a lot of drives in my machine!).

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 09 Jul 2009 15:31:18
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2009 :  15:31:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

With the Atlas, I had copied the entire CD into a local folder on the hard drive, then installed from there. It works pretty well for me and I don't need to have the CD in the drive to use it.

Ahh... the old days *before* they implemented code to check the drive. [old man icon]

I've had to pull that trick a time or two myself, though not with the Atlas.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 09 Jul 2009 15:34:02
Go to Top of Page

Auzoros
Seeker

Australia
97 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2009 :  15:46:11  Show Profile Send Auzoros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really appreciate your willingness help with this guys. I'll try some things and see how I go.
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2009 :  19:36:55  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

I've had to pull that trick a time or two myself, though not with the Atlas.

It made things easier in the days of the Core Rules CD-Rom, which *does* require the disc in the drive even if you install it from the hard drive. I made it so that, waaaaaay back then, I never needed to pop out the CD unless it was to change game discs.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Auzoros
Seeker

Australia
97 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2009 :  05:42:30  Show Profile Send Auzoros a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I've tried everything and failed. I made attempts on two PCs, drives were recognised by the setup program (one being D: and the other E:) and both times the same message is given, "Setup did not find the original Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas in your CD-ROM drive."

Im thinking unless I can somehow manually install the updates, i'm stuck with the base product which would suck considering that the updates hold 170+ new maps

Edited by - Auzoros on 10 Jul 2009 05:46:41
Go to Top of Page

Jimbobx
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2009 :  19:30:49  Show Profile Send Jimbobx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is the just over an hour to go bump for my ebay sale.
*bump*
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220448444080

Rilyetan's Retreat

Jimbob's Waterdeep Journal
Go to Top of Page

Kaesolartis
Acolyte

Switzerland
2 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2009 :  22:12:41  Show Profile  Visit Kaesolartis's Homepage Send Kaesolartis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot for the deal.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2009 :  05:50:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's not a bad price for the software... It's certainly better than what some sellers are asking!

Speaking of which, I saw today someone asking like $96 for a print copy of the Atlas. Not the software, the old print version. Considering that you can find it for a tenth of that price, I have to wonder what the seller was thinking.

Go to Top of Page

rabbitshavefangs
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2009 :  18:01:09  Show Profile  Visit rabbitshavefangs's Homepage Send rabbitshavefangs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a copy of the Interactive Forgotten Realms Atlas (software) I could sell someone. Just email me! :)

On another topic, what do you guys think of 4e? I started with 1e, played 2e the majority of my life, and just started last month with 3.5e. So far I actually really enjoy 3.5, I had heard a lot of bad things about it, but I found the skills to make a lot more sense than weapon and non weapon proficiencies. I don't know if I like the sorcerer class though, I like the idea of wizards having to study their spells. I want to keep my tabletop RPGs separate from Final Fantasy video games!

Edited by - rabbitshavefangs on 08 Dec 2009 18:07:18
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2009 :  00:51:59  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh! I got here before PDK!

If you're enjoying 3.5, check out Paizo's Pathfinder (or click here to see the free SRD on the web). They took what was good about 3.5 and made it better (seriously, I would have gone with it just for their clean-up of the Grapple rules).

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

woodwwad
Learned Scribe

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2009 :  04:03:47  Show Profile  Visit woodwwad's Homepage Send woodwwad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have it too, it's a great item. I sure wouldn't pay the ebay price. I think the cheapest I've seen it there is over $40 before shipping.

Check out my reviews on youtube of Forgotten Realms and other rpg products. http://www.youtube.com/user/woodwwad?feature=mhum
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000