Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Pool of Radiance - Discussion
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2009 :  01:10:41  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm planning on starting a new play by post game sometime next week. It will be based on the Realms module "Ruins of Adventure", the pen-and-paper companion to the early PC game Pool of Radiance.

This game is for those who are not currently playing in my other adventure "The Search for Randal Morn". Sorry.

The starting level is 1. I would like to run this as a 2nd edition game. All rule books from that edition are welcome. Looking for at least one human player. Please post here a character proposal ( name, class, background.) Do not start working on a character sheet yet.

Thanks!

The Search for Morn * Combat Spreadsheet * Combat Map *

Edited by - Barshevy on 28 May 2009 08:42:42

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2009 :  01:41:05  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you happen to need me to send the character sheet for you again later on, just let me know, sir. Best of luck setting up your new game!

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2009 :  05:12:20  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to re-iterate : this game is for anyone who currently does not have a game here on Candlekeep.

Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2009 :  06:13:02  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barshevy

Just to re-iterate : this game is for anyone who currently does not have a game here on Candlekeep.

I understand that. I just thought that you might need/want a character sheet. Nothing more.

Telethian Phoenix
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2009 :  06:28:01  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And hey, if you need an extra player or two to fill out the roster, I'm sure some of us would be happy to help out.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2009 :  08:44:55  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i'd be in if it was 3.5e ... doesn't have any book (short of some fluff books) from 2e and aren't able to get them either

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2009 :  14:44:14  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A chance to get eaten by kobolds again or giant frogs. I am game.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2009 :  17:03:36  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sian

i'd be in if it was 3.5e ... doesn't have any book (short of some fluff books) from 2e and aren't able to get them either

Sorry, Sian. I don't really want to take on the challenge of having to juggle two edition of D&D at once.

Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2009 :  21:06:09  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Barshevy. We've already talked a bit about this and you know I'm looking forward to joining the new campaign. I have a good collection of 2E books myself and am quite familiar with the ruleset.

Let me know when/if I should get started working on a character.

Also, to Penknight: I would be interested in seeing what you have worked up for a blank CS. Can I PM you my email address?
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2009 :  00:40:36  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cardoc

Also, to Penknight: I would be interested in seeing what you have worked up for a blank CS. Can I PM you my email address?

Sure, and I'll send it as soon as I can.

Telethian Phoenix
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2009 :  01:06:59  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Let me know when/if I should get started working on a character.

Please post here a character proposal ( name, class, background.) Do not start working on a character sheet yet.

Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2009 :  14:55:26  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm running Ruins of adventure in a tabletop game. I would be very interested in auditng your game, if possible.
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2009 :  14:59:14  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can join if you want. And you can leave whenever you want to also.

Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2009 :  02:03:28  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a bit out of practice, so I'd like to keep things simple for myself. I'm thinking I'll play a ranger, human male. Where he hails from will depend a bit on the FR timeline we'll be playing in.

I'm not familiar with the Ruins of Adventure module, but I believe it is based on Pool of Radiance, which I have read. That would place us around 1340DR if my source http://www.o-love.net/realms/fr_time_notable.html is correct. Can you verify that for me Barshevy?
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2009 :  02:27:01  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, but I will be shifting the adventure to 1357. Hopefully that won't mess up the timeline too much.

Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2009 :  03:19:21  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure it won't have a major effect. Just wanted to know what major events were available for me to incorporate into a backstory if I wish. I'll come up with a more detailed character proposal in the next day or so.

Edited by - Cardoc on 20 May 2009 04:35:14
Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2009 :  04:04:19  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My character basics:

Bregan Redwind
Human/Male/Ranger/Chaotic Good

Thinking I'd like him to be from Cormyr. A more detailed backstory than that I don't have at this point.
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2009 :  06:07:37  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No problem. I don't require detailed backstories.

Go to Top of Page

Gray_Exile
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2009 :  06:49:47  Show Profile  Visit Gray_Exile's Homepage Send Gray_Exile a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm new to Candlekeep, mind if I join the "hunting party".

Xavien Lanitus
Human/Male/Fighter/LN
Inspiration: Spartan Soldier
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2009 :  08:41:31  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome. And yes!

Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2009 :  14:05:33  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nalar (Nail-ur)
Dwarf/fighter(kit to be announced)

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2009 :  15:36:25  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, we need one more player and we're all set. Rhewtani, are you going to be joining or lurking?

Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2009 :  21:38:24  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2 fighters and a ranger so far. I'm very open to changing my class depending on whether we get any more variety in here. I'd be willing to play a thief or a mage as well. Thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2009 :  00:58:57  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you want to get this started soon and need another person, I've got some ideas for a psionicist character. A lot of ideas, actually.

Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2009 :  01:01:20  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

2 fighters and a ranger so far. I'm very open to changing my class depending on whether we get any more variety in here. I'd be willing to play a thief or a mage as well. Thoughts?

We'll see who else comes in. I can always add an NPC to balance things out.

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2009 :  01:07:51  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's fine. Just thought I'd offer.

Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2009 :  05:37:13  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, Hoondatha.

Go to Top of Page

Cardoc
Seeker

59 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2009 :  15:38:01  Show Profile  Visit Cardoc's Homepage Send Cardoc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hoondatha, I'm pretty sure Barshevy's reply was in response to my post about class balance rather than your offer to hop in the game. However, I think he's hoping for a completely different set of players than those currently in his Sword of the Dales game.

On a different note, I'll be away for the rest of the weekend. You likely won't hear from me until Monday night. Hopefully we can get started sometime next week!
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2009 :  16:00:13  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My evil scheme is to get as many people hooked on playing in the Realms through PBP. There are pluses and minuses to PBP. The interesting thing is that for some folks, it's easier to get into character on a PBP than a tabletop game.

Go to Top of Page

Gray_Exile
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2009 :  16:04:21  Show Profile  Visit Gray_Exile's Homepage Send Gray_Exile a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Barshevy, was that enough info. or do you need any more?

I will sent you equip. soon, how much money do we start with?
Standard per class, or a specific amount.
Go to Top of Page

Barshevy
Learned Scribe

275 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2009 :  16:08:57  Show Profile  Visit Barshevy's Homepage Send Barshevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, yes. Please hold off on working on your character sheets until we get a fourth player. I've advertised on a few other play-by-post boards as well. If we don't get one more player, I might take a poll to see if folks would participate in a more popular adventure module.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000