Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 PHB 2 for 4E - Who's got it?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2009 :  02:07:42  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Received my copy today. anyone else yet? very interesting source book. just thumbing through it so far this evening, but I am glad to see some of my favorites back in play for 4E. too much to take in at once. Gnomes have always been one of my favorites. The Bard looks to have some cool aspects. Digging the Druid. Will be making a Goliath Barbarian ASAP. The Avenger class with the Paragon path; Zealous Assassin looks interesting. Can you tell I like the book

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2009 :  03:02:23  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got it either last Wednesday or Thursday and am trying to use it.

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2009 :  03:21:19  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got it. I like the Deva.

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2009 :  10:42:05  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully Chapters in Ottawa has it. If they do, I am getting it tonight (gotta use the rest of the cash on that gift card I got for xmas lol)

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2009 :  19:35:07  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got it a little while ago and I'm positively thrilled with the races. Good to see the Half-orc a viable race again!!

Also, I'm so happy to see the Bard actually get some beef and be worthwile in combat encounters.
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2009 :  15:50:57  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

I got it a little while ago and I'm positively thrilled with the races. Good to see the Half-orc a viable race again!!

Also, I'm so happy to see the Bard actually get some beef and be worthwile in combat encounters.

PHB 2 is one of my most utilized 4E sourcbooks so far. it is excellent.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2009 :  21:47:06  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scererar

quote:

I have to agree. It's one of my favorite supplements of 4e to date. I think my favorite class in there is the Barbarian. Just how the class feels and plays is so different from the rest of the Striker roles out there. That and Weapon/Implement Expertise feat (never leave home without it).
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2009 :  13:54:22  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by scererar

quote:

I have to agree. It's one of my favorite supplements of 4e to date. I think my favorite class in there is the Barbarian. Just how the class feels and plays is so different from the rest of the Striker roles out there. That and Weapon/Implement Expertise feat (never leave home without it).

My sister is playing a Barbarian in my brother's campaign (Expedition to Chult)...her Barb is one bad mofo who dishes out A LOT of damage even with his At-Will Powers. Gotta make sure my Swordmage protects her well

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2010 :  15:05:21  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Avenger class is quite an interesting "Striker". My brother is using one and a friend is about to use one as well. I like how they use the divine power of their deity to punish. Mechanically, looks fun to play and I like how my friend is playing his, being from the church of Kelemvor and making it his sacred duty to Avenge those who are cursed with Undeath

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2010 :  19:21:24  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

The Avenger class is quite an interesting "Striker". My brother is using one and a friend is about to use one as well. I like how they use the divine power of their deity to punish. Mechanically, looks fun to play and I like how my friend is playing his, being from the church of Kelemvor and making it his sacred duty to Avenge those who are cursed with Undeath

So we had our first session where my firned used his Avenger. I allowed him to swap all weapon proficiencies in exchange for proficiency in the Full Blade, making him quite the Divine Killer. He devastated a Bandit that tried to run away when his buddies got killed, but couldn't becasue of the Avenger. Pretty neat.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2010 :  03:39:40  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty cool. Our group has yet to have a PC be an avenger, but the mechanics and feel/fluff seem very different yet comparable to other strikers.

Our group did a quick encounter the other night (after we finished a section of our Pathfinder campaign) and I threw some level 8 brigands (3 of them and one was elite) plus an additional 7 archer minions. The encounter went well, no one died, though 3 of us became seriously wounded. And I have to say, our Assassin character is pretty cool all-around. He doesn't deal the sort of damage you'd find from the better strikery classes like the Ranger or Rogue, but it's definitly got flavor.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2010 :  13:34:27  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pretty cool. Our group has yet to have a PC be an avenger, but the mechanics and feel/fluff seem very different yet comparable to other strikers.

Our group did a quick encounter the other night (after we finished a section of our Pathfinder campaign) and I threw some level 8 brigands (3 of them and one was elite) plus an additional 7 archer minions. The encounter went well, no one died, though 3 of us became seriously wounded. And I have to say, our Assassin character is pretty cool all-around. He doesn't deal the sort of damage you'd find from the better strikery classes like the Ranger or Rogue, but it's definitly got flavor.

Nice. Have yet to see how the Assassin works. Another Barbarian is joining the group. That's a lot of damage with At-Will Powers and just having to get up close and personal.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2010 :  14:02:41  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Nice. Have yet to see how the Assassin works. Another Barbarian is joining the group. That's a lot of damage with At-Will Powers and just having to get up close and personal.

The assassin is an interesting class. As a minor action, once per turn, you can place a "shroud" on a target (up to 4). Then, when you make a successful attack, you can take the shrouds off to deal 1d6 damage per shroud. It's sorta like the old 3.5 Assassin where you have to wait so many rounds for a death attack, but with a more proactive approach. Plus the character's shrouds have Brutal 1 and deal d8's instead of d6's. Though it's less optimized than the Ranger or Rogue for DPR, it's very flavorful and more Stalker than striker.

As for the barbarian it's just so damn good. I love the extra damage of the At-will powers and the Rages last all encounter. A whole lot of fun to play.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000