Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Timeline question on 2nd edition boxed sets
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  17:05:33  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The 2nd edition boxed set of 1993 advanced the "official" timeline to the Year of the Shield (1367). Did the revision of that same product in 1996 advance the timeline any?

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  20:17:09  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that was just a new cover, not a textual revision.
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  20:27:35  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
bump

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  20:37:29  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I even did not know there were two releasing dates !
But I own the 1993 one. So, I'm not able to tell you Christopher.
But it's more probably just a re-printing of the first one

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  21:10:31  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks all. And so as not to make this one of the discouraged "post just to say thanks" posts, does anybody have any opinions on what its bibliographical significance should be? For our purposes here at the Keep, I mean. I know that a collector's bibliography would demand its inclusion in a list of products, but are a scribe's needs met by only noting the first one, when we're listing sources?

Cheers,

Christopher

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  21:17:03  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I have the 1993 set and also the PDF with the new cover art, and never noticed any difference inside. The 1996 date doesn't seem to appear anywhere except the back cover. I never thought to distinguish them.
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  21:24:56  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

Actually, I have the 1993 set and also the PDF with the new cover art, and never noticed any difference inside. The 1996 date doesn't seem to appear anywhere except the back cover. I never thought to distinguish them.

Does the frontmatter on the '96 .pdf give a '93 copyright? Down there amidst and among all the addresses and "Dungeons & Dragons is a registered trademark ofs" and so on?

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  21:27:19  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, '©1993 TSR, Inc.', though you should get someone who has the printed version to verify.
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2008 :  21:58:26  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

Yes, '©1993 TSR, Inc.', though you should get someone who has the printed version to verify.

Fillow, how about it?

Although I'm sure y'all are right in considering this a reissue, rather than a reprint, and will adjust my new All-Things-Calimshan scroll accordingly. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2008 :  01:46:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The print version of the '96 version does have the '©1993 TSR, Inc.' copyright inside the front cover.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000