Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Queen Amlaruil
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Beneth
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2008 :  10:09:24  Show Profile  Visit Beneth's Homepage Send Beneth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was curious to see if anyone knew her stance was on the Eldreth Veluuthra ie she does not condone their conduct or she tolerates them so she does not cause waves against the other nobles in Evermeet.

Also if she knew of the secret names of the agents on the Green Isle would she take action?

No man is invincible, and therefore no man can fully understand that which would make him invincible -Miyamoto Musashi

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2008 :  12:22:21  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recall any lore on this one. Don'Ät have my books at hand so I cannot doublecheck either. My first thought though is that she does know about this group but does not take any actions because:

1. their actions do not openly conflict with Evermeet policy as the group mainly works against humans on main land Faerun.
2. openly challanging them would draw more attention towards their goals and might lead to an influx of groupmembers then just condoning them.
3. openly condemning them might cause unwanted disturbances in the elven court as a whole.
and 4. and my main thought is that the group is just toio small and uneffective to really matter.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2008 :  12:35:03  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if she had anyone try to lure them to Evermeet during the retreat or if she might oppose them somewhat now with many elves returning/having returned to the mainland (depending on the year), her outlook may be a tad different, but for the most part probably just as Ergdush said.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  20:08:59  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Queen Amlauril is opposed to the Eldreth Veluuthra. The Eldreth Veluuthra does have some influence in Evermeet, as certain Elven nobles with influence are either members themselves, or are sympathetic to their plight, and as such, call for policy and action that could and would theoretically benefit the Eldreth Veluuthra.

-More information on the Eldreth Veluuthra can be found in Elves of Faerūn.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  08:27:34  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-More information on the Eldreth Veluuthra can be found in Elves of Faerūn.

Do you mean Elves of Evermeet? I don't recall a sourcebook by that particular name.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  13:32:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dagnirion is referring to the fan-based compilation of elven lore from the Realms. See the link in his sig.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  12:42:05  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Dagnirion is referring to the fan-based compilation of elven lore from the Realms. See the link in his sig.

Thanks Sage. Interesting place this 'Realms Vault', actually!

Edited by - Ergdusch on 11 Jun 2008 12:50:38
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000