Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Their Realms are dead...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2008 :  21:35:54  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
long live our Realms!

I will ignore the nonsense they've cooked up.

I will not stand for creative stupidity.

With that in mind, I will do what I've always done from the beginning, I will chronicle the Realms with reason, unlike those butchers at WotC.

Bruce Cordell, I love what you've done for (A)D&D, and I wish you all the best in whatever your next project may be, but you have lost me as a customer of Realms RPG products.

Rich Baker, Faust made a better bargain, and he backed out of it in the end. I hope you do the same, because what you have done for the Realms in the past means a lot to me.

Phil Athans, ...

I understand why you had to change the Realms, I just don't appreciate how you did it! All I could ever want from the Realms in terms of info I got in my games-library. I will purchase the books I need to finish trilogies, and then move into the Realms and make it my own.

I never thought I would say this, but thank you.

Thank you for not widen up the horizon of the Realms in 3e.

Thank you for not going creative, instead mostly repeating stuff that has come before.

Thank you for not creating truly memorable characters like Alias, Mirt, Arilyn...

Instead you chose to spawn lesser sons of greater sires, so to speak, to quote a little LotR.

Truth be told, you founders of the new Realms could have and should have created a new world, and not resort to phoney pretense of an attempt to save what you perceive as the true Realms experience. A necrophiliac has more respect for its victims!

Sowwy, had to get this off my chest.

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2008 :  22:59:26  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

Phil Athans, ...

Lol. That pretty much sums up my feelings for his work as well. I am not trying to bash him, but I seriously think that the Realms would have been better if he had never touched them.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  01:53:44  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I don't have anything against Phil Athans personally, but he created the character I hate the most, the one I don't like even a little bit (Phyrea).

I don't mean the character I hate the most in the Realms. I mean the character I hate the most out of every single character I've EVER read about.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 30 Apr 2008 01:54:00
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  03:17:41  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Truth be told, you founders of the new Realms could have and should have created a new world, and not resort to phoney pretense of an attempt to save what you perceive as the true Realms experience. A necrophiliac has more respect for its victims!

Good point about a new setting....

You've definitely a way with words, Mace!
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  13:27:37  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I don't mean the character I hate the most in the Realms. I mean the character I hate the most out of every single character I've EVER read about.

To be fair, some of the Aes Sedai in the Wheel of Time are just as aggravating as Phyrea(though I think Jordan MEANT to make those particular Aes Sedai make the readers froth at the mouth :) )

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  15:30:44  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

quote:

To be fair, some of the Aes Sedai in the Wheel of Time are just as aggravating as Phyrea(though I think Jordan MEANT to make those particular Aes Sedai make the readers froth at the mouth :) )

Never read those books, but at this time, I find it hard to believe that any character could be worse than Phyrea, especially if those characters you mention were "meant to be that way." In Phyrea's case, it felt like the author wanted the reader to feel sorry for her or something, which only made me hate her more.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  20:32:46  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lyrna, my dear Lyrna,
Where could I learn who is Phyrea please ?

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  21:17:58  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Lyrna, my dear Lyrna,

Watercourse trilogy. BTW, I hated most of the characters in that trilogy. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  21:21:06  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That trilogy was never on my to-buy list... *hurries off to chek if he hasn't accidentally bought it, much like he accidentally bought WotC's SW RPG*

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  23:49:27  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Never read those books, but at this time, I find it hard to believe that any character could be worse than Phyrea, especially if those characters you mention were "meant to be that way." In Phyrea's case, it felt like the author wanted the reader to feel sorry for her or something, which only made me hate her more.

Feel sorry for her? I thought we were meant to want to strangle her.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2008 :  23:51:19  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For what its worth, I thought the Watercourse Trilogy was amazing. I read the novels back to back and couldn't put them down.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2008 :  00:51:30  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Lyrna, my dear Lyrna,

What Kuje said.

I'd like to mention that all the major plot points and characters in the Watercourse trilogy were taken directly from Ayn Rand's philosophical novel The Fountainhead. Phil Athans does in fact credit Rand's work as an inspiration right in the front of each book, so that isn't merely a stretch of the imagination, either.

Here's a description of the main character of The Fountainhead:

Howard Roark is the main protagonist in the novel, whom Rand portrays as an ideal man. He is an aspiring architect with a unique, uncompromising creative vision, which contrasts sharply with the staid and uninspired conventions of the architectural establishment. He ignores the driving preoccupations of the world around him: wealth, status, regard amongst his fellow men. Roark takes pleasure in the act of creation, but is constantly opposed by "the hostility of second-hand souls" and those unwilling or afraid to recognize his creative ability. Roark serves as the basic mold from which the protagonists of Rand's other great novel, Atlas Shrugged, are cast.

Surely that sounds quite familiar to those who read the WT?

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 01 May 2008 01:01:53
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2008 :  00:57:26  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Warhammer Fantasy Role Play, anyone?

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2008 :  00:58:47  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Feel sorry for her? I thought we were meant to want to strangle her.

Well, everyone interprets an author's intent differently, although we seem to have reached the same basic conclusion.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 01 May 2008 00:58:57
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2008 :  01:34:52  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Surely that sounds quite familiar to those who read the WT?
Sounds like both novels have singularly driven architects. Unless The Fountainhead is set in a fantasy world, however, with magic, nagas, and trips to Kara-Tur I doubt I would take pleasure in it as much as I enjoyed the Watercourse Trilogy.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2008 :  16:12:14  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James
Sounds like both novels have singularly driven architects.

They aren't merely "driven." They are Objectivists.

quote:
Unless The Fountainhead is set in a fantasy world, however, with magic, nagas, and trips to Kara-Tur I doubt I would take pleasure in it as much as I enjoyed the Watercourse Trilogy.

The Fountainhead is most definitely set in the real world (in the U.S.), in the first half of the 20th century.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 01 May 2008 16:16:04
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2008 :  22:21:43  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started Wheel of Time and couldn't get through the first book...

Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2008 :  22:59:46  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well I got though book Seven (only one I own), but there again I read most of what falls into my hands.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2008 :  23:40:46  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:

Well I got though book Seven (only one I own), but there again I read most of what falls into my hands.

Wow, the only book you have is where the series begins to go downhill (admitted even by my brother-in-law, who is and WoT fanatic). IMO, the only ones I enjoyed where books 1-6, and book 9. After 10 I refused to read any more until the series was finished. And so, when the series is finally finished (yes, I know Jordan is dead, but his wife hired someone to write the last book from his dictations, or something similar such, and she will be editing it, like she did I think 1/2 the series), I will probably start at book 1 and work my way through it again (though I am not sure if I can force myself to read books 8 or 10 ever again).

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 01 May 2008 23:42:45
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2008 :  00:18:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Wooly wanders in, casts Find Topic on the scroll, and wanders out*

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2008 :  00:59:26  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This has a topic?

I thought it was the latest 'bash the new Realms' thread.

I never read Watercourse, but only because I was 'recommended' not to by so many people. I had the same idea, YEARS AGO, about connecting the the Inner sea to the outer ones, in the same exact spot. The place was just begging for it, and I was VERY interested in hearing about how someone handled it in FR.

But since I heard 'bad things', I haven't picked it up. 'Mary Sue'ism isn't all that bad when done right, but it could be gawd-awful when done wrong.

Anyhow, I haven't been happy with quite a few of my latest FR novel purchases, except for Paul Kemp's stuff, and of course, The Annotated Elminster. I think 4e will be a good time for me to go back and pick-up all the books I missed (and there are MANY of them) - after all, now that the 'old Realms' are gone, I can finally say that the all the storylines have been wrapped up.

Unlike Wheel of Time and Sword of truth, both of which seem to just drag on and on at this point. I want to read the last book now NOT because I'm enthralled so much with the story, but rather just to finally get it over with.

So, now FR is complete. The novels have finished it... in more ways then one.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 02 May 2008 01:02:30
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2008 :  01:12:00  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I never read Watercourse, but only because I was 'recommended' not to by so many people. I had the same idea, YEARS AGO, about connecting the the Inner sea to the outer ones, in the same exact spot. The place was just begging for it, and I was VERY interested in hearing about how someone handled it in FR.

Phil Athans was baffled (or so he says) that no one ever thought of the brilliant idea of connecting those two seas with a canal. Of course, just because no one at TSR/WotC ever thought of that doesn't mean no Realms fan ever did.

Really, though, if the series intrigues you, I say go ahead and read it! I'm pretty frank about my opinions, but I would never advise somene NOT to read a book that they took an interest in. Maybe they'll gain great enjoyment from it, maybe it'll even become their new favorite novel...even if such a thought is unthinkable to me.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 02 May 2008 01:12:18
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2008 :  03:59:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've not read the books in question, but I do have to agree with RF: give them a shot. There have been plenty of books that had detractors, but I don't think there has been a single one that was universally panned... And all of our opinions are different. Some of the most popular Realms series we've had in the last few years, I've been bored by or flat out didn't enjoy. So one person's lousy read may be a wonderful book for you.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2008 :  06:04:10  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well said Mace Hammerhand

The Future Realms looks like Crap (4ed) and I can only hope that somebody finds it interesting.

Me and my group will not use 4 ed Crap….. Floating islands – Goods living on prime – Baaa…. it sounds like something form Dagonlance. I HATE IT!

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2008 :  15:37:45  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor

Well said Mace Hammerhand

The Future Realms looks like Crap (4ed) and I can only hope that somebody finds it interesting.

Me and my group will not use 4 ed Crap….. Floating islands – Goods living on prime – Baaa…. it sounds like something form Dagonlance. I HATE IT!

And how does that sound like Dragonlance?
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2008 :  15:43:17  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Phil Athans was baffled (or so he says) that no one ever thought of the brilliant idea of connecting those two seas with a canal. Of course, just because no one at TSR/WotC ever thought of that doesn't mean no Realms fan ever did.

Just curious, was the channel ever finished, if so what where the consequences for trade? I kept away from these novels, as I hated the channel idea and have huge problems with Rand.

Oh, and as I was a little late for the of-topic thing. I did get through the first volume of Wheel of Time and that was one of the reasons (there were others) I more or less decided to quit modern fantasy.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2008 :  16:59:38  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

Just curious, was the channel ever finished, if so what where the consequences for trade? I kept away from these novels, as I hated the channel idea and have huge problems with Rand.

It was almost finished but the builder blows it up at the end of the trilogy, thus causing it to be uncomplete.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2008 :  20:19:04  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Phil Athans said he was baffled that no one at TSR/WotC ever thought of linking the Sea of Fallen Stars with the large western sea via the Vilhon, rivers, and some linking canals?
Really?
Well, that floors me. Although I suppose it's possible he wasn't in the audience of the (Milwaukee-era) GenCon where Ed and Jeff Grubb and some other panelists whose names now escape me discussed just that idea? At length, too. Including Ed saying he'd designed matters that way, and a player in one of his library campaigns had in the past looked at his brand-new copy of the (Fonstad, print-version) FR Atlas and hit upon the idea aloud.
I do recall Phil being on staff with TSR's books department before that panel, back in the Milwaukee-era GenCons when Realms (and other settings) fiction readings were a regular part of con proceedings.
Now, writing the undertaking of creating the linked route up as a trilogy of NOVELS might very well be Phil's idea . . .
love to all,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 02 May 2008 20:22:49
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2008 :  20:57:54  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

If you have huge problems with Rand's philosophies, I think it is likely you will not like this trilogy (which does, IMO, promote said philosophies).

As for the canal, please highlight for spoilers: The canal was not finished in the novel, because the protagonist chose to destroy his work rather than have it "polluted" by people who didn't like his vision and wanted it changed to suit their desires (which was what was happening). That is the same thing the protagonist in The Fountainhead did to the building he was creating, for the very same reasons.

However, the canal WAS eventually finished (in I think 1380 DR) according to the Grand History of the Realms. There is no detail there about how it impacted trade.

Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2008 :  01:43:47  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Woooohoooo! Rand in the Realms! I wonder what she'd think of it...

May I ask whom was the Fountainhead parallel for the despicable Phyrea? And does Phil's Roark sulk? Roark was such an unsophisticated set piece with control-issues that I'd actually enjoy seeing how his FR-equivalent measures up.

At the end of our novel does the protagonist find his way to the valley of elitist, industrious philosophes where he survives the Spellplague?

Or is that the next trilogy!?!
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2008 :  02:02:22  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor

Me and my group will not use 4 ed Crap….. Floating islands – Goods living on prime – Baaa…!

Everytime I read about floating islands, I hear the music from SuperMarioBros. I find it eerie that these floating islands will most likely resonate with the post-Nintendo generations, whom, from what I've read, is the target audience.

Maybe Midnight Syndicate could have a soundtrak for 4.0 that samples the Mario music for encountering floating terrain.

Edited by - monknwildcat on 03 May 2008 02:05:05
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000