Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Just incase your interested in LARPing
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2003 :  23:40:22  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Don't know if anyone is interested in LARPING but here is the link to the one I do. I am sure you can find a LARP in your area, ESPECIALLY california and Arizona. It will give you a good idea about the concept.

www.laire.com

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...

Belfar
Seeker

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2003 :  06:41:25  Show Profile Send Belfar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a little bit of a coincidence because I might be moving to Arizona and I was wondering how I was going to find a new larp group.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2003 :  08:43:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for this Mournblade, it may just be the thing I need for a certain group of friends of mine.

May your learning be free and unfettered

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2003 :  13:37:09  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
great! i think we'll go there one time with a friend -or a fiend?- living in San Francisco. great, thank u.
Go to Top of Page

Minardil
Acolyte

Finland
18 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2003 :  17:51:45  Show Profile  Visit Minardil's Homepage Send Minardil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Little off-topic, but I was in April in big-scale (almost 200 people) LARP called Faerūn III. It was about Cormyr, where orcs of Stonelands had united under banner of great orc-chief Mo'Grath. Nobles of Cormyr had promised big reward to person who could make Stonelands safe, and Mo'Grath went to Suzail to gather the reward since it was safe to travel in Stonelands now (becouse Mo'Grath would kill everyone who didn't do as he wanted...). Obviously, nobles of Cormyr weren't so excited about this, and refused to pay. Mo'Grath got pissed off, and he went back to Stonelands to collect an army. Cormyr of course replied to this by sending their army to meet Mo'Grath's horde. We played meeting of armie's front lines. It was incredible experience, seeing orc horde running screaming at us, warriors shouting, etc... At one point, orcs summoned some e-e-evil demon upon us, and he could only be hurt by magic (and only two guys on our side had magical weapons...).

We eventually won, but mainly becouse orcs had less people and we had way too many wizards (me myself included, there were 5 wizards, all above 8th level and everyone had full load of fireballs...) and healers, when orcs just had many tough soldiers. They had only 1 or 2 wizards and about that much healers. If there had been just 5 orcs in left side of our front line, it would have been breached... Unluckily, over 15 people who should have been on orc's side didn't come.

It was most amazing. I truly recommend this hobby.

Can we not be friends? After all, our dust shall be equal in the end.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2003 :  19:00:55  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Minardil

Little off-topic, but I was in April in big-scale (almost 200 people) LARP called Faerūn III. It was about Cormyr, where orcs of Stonelands had united under banner of great orc-chief Mo'Grath. Nobles of Cormyr had promised big reward to person who could make Stonelands safe, and Mo'Grath went to Suzail to gather the reward since it was safe to travel in Stonelands now (becouse Mo'Grath would kill everyone who didn't do as he wanted...). Obviously, nobles of Cormyr weren't so excited about this, and refused to pay. Mo'Grath got pissed off, and he went back to Stonelands to collect an army. Cormyr of course replied to this by sending their army to meet Mo'Grath's horde. We played meeting of armie's front lines. It was incredible experience, seeing orc horde running screaming at us, warriors shouting, etc... At one point, orcs summoned some e-e-evil demon upon us, and he could only be hurt by magic (and only two guys on our side had magical weapons...).

We eventually won, but mainly becouse orcs had less people and we had way too many wizards (me myself included, there were 5 wizards, all above 8th level and everyone had full load of fireballs...) and healers, when orcs just had many tough soldiers. They had only 1 or 2 wizards and about that much healers. If there had been just 5 orcs in left side of our front line, it would have been breached... Unluckily, over 15 people who should have been on orc's side didn't come.

It was most amazing. I truly recommend this hobby.

Wow that sounds amazing!! Does this type of LRPG take place often? I never realised that the Realms was used like that in any LRPG's. I assume that due to the title that it was the third such event? Is there a web site for this LRPG?

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Minardil
Acolyte

Finland
18 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2003 :  20:01:33  Show Profile  Visit Minardil's Homepage Send Minardil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Wow that sounds amazing!! Does this type of LRPG take place often? I never realised that the Realms was used like that in any LRPG's. I assume that due to the title that it was the third such event? Is there a web site for this LRPG?

It took place in Finland, and only website excisting is in Finnish, but pictures are nice.

http://killeri.net/faerun/

http://nino.greywolves.org/gallery/album07
http://www.laftehus.ee/~surra/soome/
http://killeri.net/faerun/FIIIkuvasivu.html

Can we not be friends? After all, our dust shall be equal in the end.
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2003 :  00:17:11  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THe larp that I go to is a LARP in the New Jersey/Pennsylvania area. But I know there are alot in Arizona!

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2003 :  09:13:40  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I knew there were a lot in Finland, i mean compared with Germany and France, without talking about Spain and Italy where i think there is none.
And it looks fun.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000