Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Thoughts for short campaign in Dambrath
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Darkmeer
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2008 :  15:49:42  Show Profile  Visit Darkmeer's Homepage Send Darkmeer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Okay, this is an idea for a group to survive evading the masters of Dambrath. It's mostly going to take place near and around the Forest of Amtar, mainly because it's a great location with many threats.

Here are the things to incorporate:

First: Lolth/Spider-Kissers underground "rule" from their hidden positions

Second: Loviataar openly rules... meow... (err...

Thirds (two deities): Eilistrae and Kiransalee's faiths are not unknown. And the timeline would come just after the silence of Lolth, mainly to give rebels cause for "defecting"

Throw in blender, with Crinti, Drow, and a few slaves, along with a demon or two from the Forest of Amtar, and poof! New campaign idea set in the forest of amtar, trying to resist the Loviatarran clergy, following Eilistrae, and fighting demons in your spare time (well, it's not really spare at that point). Then you realize who's really in charge, and spend some time underground, in Faerzess infused places in the Underdark. Fighting Illithids, Drow, and Duergar with their devilish & demonic allies. Eventually it leads somewhere even more unpleasant (the Abyss, unless you want to send them to the newly formed Demonweb Pits).

Another fun thought with it all would be to put the party in between a schizm between Loviatar's faith & Lolth's faith during Lolth's silence. Perhaps even as far as a contingent of Kiransalee's worshippers coming out from behind the scenes, attacking both faiths in a vie for more power. Sure, the PC's worship Eilistrae, but having a "free agent" to stop a "worse evil" might be a fun concept for some.

Yes, I know, it's a silly idea, but I figured I'd fire it out there anyways. Thoughts?

/d

"These people are my family, not just friends, and if you want to get to them you gotta go through ME."

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2008 :  18:14:42  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know, when you first mentioned this to me, I was thinking about a ranger or paladin-like character devoted to Eilistraee getting involved, but the more I think about this, I kind of like the idea of a LN or even a heretic of Loviatar that doesn't see her as tyrannical and evil, but . . . you know . . . fun, stumbling through this campaign.

Then again, we need more time so you can run a campaign in addition to mine.
Go to Top of Page

Darkmeer
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2008 :  23:20:17  Show Profile  Visit Darkmeer's Homepage Send Darkmeer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

*snip*I kind of like the idea of a LN or even a heretic of Loviatar that doesn't see her as tyrannical and evil, but . . . you know . . . fun, stumbling through this campaign.
*snip*

The Masochism Tango just went through my mind.

Actually, I quite like the idea of a heretic of Loviatar, or even one of Lolth doing basically the same thing. Lolth isn't really so bad... Nevermind, they'd've been killed.

/d

"These people are my family, not just friends, and if you want to get to them you gotta go through ME."
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2008 :  23:28:05  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, a while ago when we had a thread for heresies here at the keep, I had a Lolth based heretical sect that was actually true Neutral and still viewed Lolth as Arushnee, the goddess of fate, and that due to an imbalance, she had to manifest an evil aspect in the form of Lolth, but that Araunshnee still existed, separate and dormant, until the imbalance was rectified.
Go to Top of Page

Eremite
Learned Scribe

Singapore
182 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2008 :  10:28:08  Show Profile  Visit Eremite's Homepage Send Eremite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My first D&D campaign started in the Forest of Amtar then went to Dambrath and then back to Amtar before finishing in the Underdark.

Essentially, it borrowed the plot from A Night Below but otherwise took a lot of the ideas you are using. My favourite adventure over the course of the campaign was inspired by the hollow tree adventure from an early issue of Dragon, The Forest of Doom, that was the lair for a dwarven cleric bandit and his followers.

The Gate of Iron Fangs was expanded into an old yuan-ti site and the BBEG at that pointed was a yuan-ti-corrupted half-fiend troll wizard. Very cool battle, that one! The party also ended up on Sseth's layer of the Abyss.

Anyway, it was so much fun I'm thinking of revisiting parts of it for a campaign that will start in Eartheart before ranging over (and under) the Shining South.

Best
E
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000